SRB2 version 2.1.23a release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by mazmazz on 04-01-2019 11:10 PM.

No foolin, we’ve got a new update sure to improve your robo blasting experience!

Major impact changes:

• Fixed savegame issues by changing target platform to Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Run it with an emulator and enjoy saving at any time using savestates!
  • Reduced filesize.
This is just a small quality of life update, so no big list of changes. Have at it, and let us know what you think!

View on SRB2.org

Okay what the hell.

Someone please tell me what happens when you run that ROM. I'm on my phone and won't have access to a computer until late tonight.

The megadrive port is amazing! I can't believe it runs at a outstanding 60 FPS! Did you guys happen to use blast processing?

Wow. This is really impressive, in fact, with the ability to run Genesis code, in the future we might even get the classic physics in the whole game! Sad that I can't access The Ultimate Cheat, but otherwise I'd give it the perfect score of 5/7!

then how did I get here?
reelee2.PNG

EDIT: Happy April Fools! Massive kudos to VAdaPEGA for programming the Megadrive ROM. What an achievement -- it even works on real hardware via flash cart. Try it out!

Special shoutouts to Mr. Potatobadger for ripping SRB1 sprites and DragonWolfLeo for the music and additional help.

For posterity, this was the Downloads page for AFD 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back