How do you report net players ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srb2kirbyo

Goes by Kirboy in netgames
I was playing a net game, and a player "Kitsune" hacked the server.

The Server/Admin banned him,(9 times really) but he came back and started cursing and swearing

Finally he left ,but I want to know how to report hacked players ?

srb2kirbyo said:
I was playing a net game, and a player "Kitsune" hacked the server.

The Server/Admin banned him,(9 times really) but he came back and started cursing and swearing

Just because someone can come back 9 times, this doesn't mean that such guy is a hacker.

It's just a ban evasion. There are some ridiculous ways to evade a ban that don't need any hacking or coding knowledge, like a hacker would need.

You don't report net players. SRB2 1.09.4 doesn't have a way to log IP numbers of people that join the server.

Kitsune said:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is some other Kitsune. <_<

Yep.

Just because someone can come back 9 times, this doesn't mean that such guy is a hacker.

It's just a ban evasion. There are some ridiculous ways to evade a ban that don't need any hacking or coding knowledge, like a hacker would need.
Uhh. He started changing levels.

srb2kirbyo said:
Uhh. He started changing levels.

Heh... this is bad. If a player joins my server and discover my password, he probably will can perform my server commands.

I wonder: why we need a password to get admin privileges in a netgame? VERIFY <node> command wouldn't be enough?

I think it's for stuff like Cue's Dedicated, we can't serioiusly expect Cue to just veg out in front of the console window 24/7 now can we?

Nothing I can do, sorry.

Chaos Knux said:
I think it's for stuff like Cue's Dedicated, we can't serioiusly expect Cue to just veg out in front of the console window 24/7 now can we?

Which reminds me...

Torgo said:
You don't report net players. SRB2 1.09.4 doesn't have a way to log IP numbers of people that join the server.

This has pretty much destroyed the purpose of the topic. I still don't see why this topic is even open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back