SRB2 messed up my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritz

Subhedgehog
Sonic Team Junior
You know how your desktop sort of gets larger right before SRB2 starts? Well, my computer is stuck like this. I started up the game and went to "specify IP adress", and the game just froze. I couldn't exit, so I tried pressing Ctrl/alt/delete. Nothing happened. There was no way to fix it, so I had to pull the plug. When the computer started up again, the screen messed up. Now everything looks enlarged and gritty, and I can't figure out how to fix it! Please help...

Right click on your desktop, choose properties, go to the settings tab and change your resolution.

okay, it's fixed now, but now everything is slightly off center. I can't see the red X in the corner of this page! Any idea why?

That's your monitor. You need to use the monitor buttons to move the image around until it's all nice and centered again.

I'll look into the freeze. Are you sure neither Esc nor Alt-F4 would work?

That happens when a firewall is currently being used that has not been told to allow SRB2 to use the internet.

yeah, the desktop resize is common for me when I use opengl. Firewalls are something I never use, so I wouldn't be able to figure it out if it happened to me anyway :)

Thanks, but I already fixed the problem. Y'see, this firewall thingy was asking me if I wanted to give SRB2 access to the internet, and I could't respond because SRB2 took up all of the room on the screen.=P

I found a neat way to mess up the computer and get it back to normal:
Hold Ctlr, Alt, and C, and then press any Direction Pad except up. To get it back to normal, do everything again but you can now press up. Neat huh?

I just noticed it too on this Windows ME... well I did it on an XP though. It happened on SRB2, having the camera behing me (c), going from left to right (Alt), and shooting (Ctrl) to hit a far-away target. Anyway it might only be for Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back