Contest Discussion

I wish I could redeem my poor level reception with a new entry for the autumn OLDC, but I don’t have time cuz school. However, I read all of the reviews and saw what people thought of my level, so I’m gonna try to make a Director’s Cut, because that won’t take as much time as making a whole new level, and I’ll upload it to the normal submissions page. Anyways, good luck to everyone in the next OLDC!

P.S. DO NOT PUT AN UNDERWATER MAZE IN YOUR LEVEL (I learned that pretty quickly)

I wish I could redeem my poor level reception with a new entry for the autumn OLDC, but I don’t have time cuz school. However, I read all of the reviews and saw what people thought of my level, so I’m gonna try to make a Director’s Cut, because that won’t take as much time as making a whole new level, and I’ll upload it to the normal submissions page. Anyways, good luck to everyone in the next OLDC!

P.S. DO NOT PUT AN UNDERWATER MAZE IN YOUR LEVEL (I learned that pretty quickly)

Eh. People tend to not like mazes or under water sections. I say, make what you like. Personally, I'm not opposed to either, or even both combined. I actually would enjoy it more if it were tweaked a bit, making it easier to find water bubbles and easier to know when you've gone in circles, with landmarks that don't look alike to any other place in the maze.

Since its Halloween here's some gifs of one of the maps I'm working on.

Attachments

• srbA10312020.gif
    srbA10312020.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,124
  • srbB10312020.gif
    srbB10312020.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,024
Wait a goddamn second, how did you figure out how to get FOFs to render under polyobjects?

That looks awesome Kwiin.
Great colors used there too.

So uhh, I just realized I made a bad mistake and left in custom sprites in my contest submission pk3 file that replaces some of th main game ones. That was from an old experiment I did some time ago and isn't even relevant to the actual contest map itself.
Don't know where to say this or who to warn, but yeah, please just delete the whole Sprite map from my Pagoda park file.
I'd do it myself and reupload it, but not sure if that counts as cheating since the deadline is over.

So uhh, I just realized I made a bad mistake and left in custom sprites in my contest submission pk3 file that replaces some of th main game ones. That was from an old experiment I did some time ago and isn't even relevant to the actual contest map itself.
Don't know where to say this or who to warn, but yeah, please just delete the whole Sprite map from my Pagoda park file.
I'd do it myself and reupload it, but not sure if that counts as cheating since the deadline is over.

Maybe upload it as a separate file, with an explanation on your thread?

HOLY SHIT YOURE PARTICIPATING IN OLDC FUCK YEAH

Also, one of the mods just allowed me to make a quick fix to my boss arena due to something that caused it to bug out, so i'm more than certain that they'll let you edit it out if they notify you about it.

Wait a goddamn second, how did you figure out how to get FOFs to render under polyobjects?

Doesn't Aerial Garden have some PO platforms that move underneath eachother at some points?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back