The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to leave them in the package, that's about it.

Why? Might as well take them up and set them somewhere nice on display. That is what figurines are for, anyways. At least, that's what they're for after you've grown out of playing with them. :p

Whackjood said:
Although, was I the only one a little weirded out by the ending? Conflict resolution delivered by stealing a baby egg and hatching it instead of returning it to the parents? What's the deal with that?

Interesting, I never even thought about that. It's worth noting though, that what Spike had done could hardly BE undone. I mean, even if the phoenixes had returned to their nest, how would Spike get back there to put it back in the first place? They probably should have addressed it, though, if they had had the time. Stupid 20 minute time restraint. :/

I quite enjoyed Hurricane Fluttershy. It wasn't incredibly FUNNY or anything, but it was just well written. The moral is one that can easily apply to anyone. I don't know how many times countless people have told me "I don't vote because my vote doesn't mean anything." Extra emphasis on the "countless" part.
Fluttershy working out to the sound of power guitar was pretty hilarious though, I must say.

Guys, if you didn't know, That episode's real plot was gonna have something to do with a male pegasus....And Fluttershy...Doing something...Yeah...'Nuff said...
The original screenshot showed a male pegasus behind Fluttershy and Fluttershy...Looking as if she had alot of pain...
Guys, Is Lauren Faust messing with us?

Guys, if you didn't know, That episode's real plot was gonna have something to do with a male pegasus....And Fluttershy...Doing something...Yeah...'Nuff said...
The original screenshot showed a male pegasus behind Fluttershy and Fluttershy...Looking as if she had alot of pain...
Guys, Is Lauren Faust messing with us?

Okay, I'm sorry for the very short post, but

...what

HEY GUYS
:slowpoke:
DID YOU KNOW LAUREN FAUST CREATED FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC

No seriously she had no involvement in the writing of the second season. >:| she stepped down

HEY GUYS
:slowpoke:
DID YOU KNOW LAUREN FAUST CREATED FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC

No seriously she had no involvement in the writing of the second season. >:| she stepped down

Yeah, this has been known for a while. Since before the release of Season 2. I believe there was a discussion about it further back in the thread.

Ponyville Confidential

Amazing how much you miss after so long a time...

Alright, this was a good episode. The things that happened seemed to escalate too quick. First there was the simple Snips and snails thing. Okay. Then the Cakes baby thing. Be nice to know why. Then all this clutter in the spa. Trixie namedrop, Celestia eating cake, pink-hair mayor, this seems a bit much. Then to go as far as using everypony they know and love for stories? Cruel. Plain cruel.

Diamond Tiara? Bitch. She actually planned to use blackmail.

I did think it a bit peculiar that the CMC didn't tell Rainbow about the situation. She was pretty much the only one who would let them a bit close to her. They could've explained that there was blackmail and they were stuck.

The lesson learned was good, though. The outcome seems just fine, and it was fairly enjoyable. Though, for laughs, Hurricane Fluttershy is still standing proud right now.

Last edited:
My little sister happens to use our Netflix a lot. She found FiM and has been watching like crazy for the past day or two. I have to admit though, I watched some of the episodes with her and I actually find it to be quite amusing. I just don't understand the hate or confusion it gets just because of its target audience. This show has more character and plot put into it than I've ever seen in any show focused on young girls. Unlike most shows, FiM's characters have an actual personality, and that's why it's such a good show for all ages.

Last edited:
Basically, haters judge books by covers, 'nuff said.
I used to do the same too, thinking it was one of those other shows again where it would be "Let's have a tea party at my house until this episode ends!"

The season 2 finale!

And oh, was it a finale. Lyra speaks, Vinyl-Scratch has red eyes, we meet Twilight's brother, and TERRORISTS?

The first episode of the two was simply fantastic. They did a great job of not letting the watcher understand what was going on. At first, you thought Cadenza was wonderful. Then they got you to believe she was just older and more snobby. Then they went to show her as an absolute stuck up jerk. Then they pulled it innocent and hinted towards a moral of Twilight being too judgemental and hasty. (Don't be too hasty!) Then, when you were on the verge of joining Twilight in her embarrassment... IT'S NO USE!

To any of you here who have read Fallout Equestria, did you have the same reaction when you saw the shield around Canterlot? I was almost surprised to see that the villain WASN'T the Zebra Caesar, and that they DIDN'T detonate a necromantic pink cloud megaspell in Canterlot. And when the shield shattered, I couldn't help but think of kkat's vivid description of the pink saturated water raining down on Steelhooves and Zebratown below... Wow. I wonder if any of the show writers have read that, and had any clue how shocking that was to see something similar in-show.

The second episode was really crazy too, though I did like the first better. I totally anticipated the impostor thing, though I did have a few other ideas as to what was going on. Goodness, those bug were a nice touch. I'm a tad disappointed at just how easily Celestia was defeated. They could have at least made some trickery, not just a direct overpower move. I must also complain about the ridiculous "flash of light, everyone saved" trope, but hey. I'm used to it by now. They at least delayed it long enough. :J
That fight scene, a bit crazy. I was pleased to see the Party Cannon back in action.

One thing I must ask. I'm almost certain that the opening scene to the first episode there was a reference to something. You know, the part with Rarity commenting on the weather and the pans of Spike's feet as he walked...
Anyone have any clue what that was a reference to?
Moderator Notice:
tsk tsk, it's too soon to be discussing this in regular text

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back