*Sigh* Guess this thread needs a little help.
Here's a guide to use these with photos to help you out. Hopefully people can go back to this whenever they need help again
Note: This is made for Windows users. Mac and Linux users can most likely just use another text editing program.

First, download the zip file.
Then put the folder inside in the models folder.
unknown.png

Then find your models.dat (Yours will have a different icon if you haven't set a program yet)
unknown.png

Open it with Notepad. Now all you have to do is copy-paste the "Code" anywhere you want! I suggest either putting it with other characters or at the end of the file.
models_-_Notepad_1_14_2021_9_03_29_AM.png

Make sure to save the file. (Ctrl S)
AND make sure to go into OpenGL and turn models on.

That's it! It's quite simple.
srb23726.gif

Thanks for the help, do you mind if I add these photos to the main post?, I'll put your name there.

also btw for the people who just got the new MMODELS update delete the MODSONIC files they are a heavy wip

As long as the model itself isn't referenced on the models.dat, having the files there is fine. It was a bit of a mistake to leave them there, the model has no animations as of right now.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Update 1.081
Just some little fixes to Milne:
-Fixed some texture errors caused by OpenGL.
-The dance now initially faces the screen, as long as you're facing forward.

For some reason the skip md3 isn't working

When I use the md3s all of the md3s work except for the skip md3 idk why

they wont work anymore, i did everything correctly, and the models dont load anymore, NONE of the models outside of jeck jim's work

they wont work anymore, i did everything correctly, and the models dont load anymore, NONE of the models outside of jeck jim's work

Based on your choice of the word "anymore," I assume that means you had them working before. But after updating your model packs, Manuel's models stopped working. I'm willing to bet that the problem is the Models.dat file. If you update Jeck's models, your Models.dat file will be overwritten by a new file of the same name. If that's the case, just open the models.dat file and paste this at the end:

DERP MMODELS/DERP.md3 3.0 0.0
DIRK MMODELS/DIRK.md3 3.0 0.0
WHIRL MMODELS/WHIRL.md3 3.0 0.0
SKIP MMODELS/SKIP.md3 3.0 0.0
SMS MMODELS/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0
SMSO MMODELS/SMSO.md3 3.0 0.0
HMSO MMODELS/HMS.md3 3.0 0.0
MECHASONIC MMODELS/MECHA.md3 3.0 0.0
MILNE MMODELS/MILNE.md3 3.0 0.0

about this I tried to play SRB2 2.2.7 and I could not load mods.
Next when 2.2.8 went out I found out a way.
The way is to go to your computer, then try to open your computer files in my computer is dysk lokalny.
after you open it look for users folder.
When you found it open the folder.
After you do open your username and you should find a folder with a name like this SRB2.
Open it.
After you do open models.dat.
Paste the code.
Put the models folder in the models folder (the first folder is from this model pack).
Next play the game with those models!
Note do this the same way for mods

Last edited:
so it isn't working on sms when it reverts to sprite on animations like this, please help
Post automatically merged:

a little guy's tips didn't work (the guy with the sa1 pfp) isn't working

nvm lol i forgot to add the textures in models

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-215108.png
    Screenshot_20210615-215108.png
    829.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20210615-215215.png
    Screenshot_20210615-215215.png
    370.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I laterally just made an account to ask, do you plan to make a model for the other character you get with the mod for Skip? Jana the Fox to be specific.

So, this is my first SRB2 contribution, and it's a few md3 models.

How to use:

You extract the zip file, and there will be a folder named "MMODELS", you place that folder inside the "models" folder.
Then, you have to add the following line somewhere in your models.dat file:
´
Code:
DERP MMODELS/DERP.md3 3.0 0.0
DIRK MMODELS/DIRK.md3 3.0 0.0
WHIRL MMODELS/WHIRL.md3 3.0 0.0
SKIP MMODELS/SKIP.md3 3.0 0.0
SMS MMODELS/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0
SMSO MMODELS/SMSO.md3 3.0 0.0
HMSO MMODELS/HMS.md3 3.0 0.0
MECHASONIC MMODELS/MECHA.md3 3.0 0.0
MILNE MMODELS/MILNE.md3 3.0 0.0

The Derp model uses SanicTheSanic particles sprites with his permission, and I also asked for Soap's permission to use Derp just in case. Sanic also helped me to figure out some sprites which helped a lot.

Do you need help installing the models?

Here's a handy tutorial with screenshots made by little guy*
Note: This is made for Windows users. Mac and Linux users can most likely just use another text editing program.

First, download the zip file.
Then put the folder inside in the models folder.
unknown.png

Then find your models.dat (Yours will have a different icon if you haven't set a program yet)
unknown.png

Open it with Notepad. Now all you have to do is copy-paste the "Code" anywhere you want! I suggest either putting it with other characters or at the end of the file.
models_-_Notepad_1_14_2021_9_03_29_AM.png

Make sure to save the file. (Ctrl S)
AND make sure to go into OpenGL and turn models on.

That's it! It's quite simple.
srb23726.gif
I AM TO REPORT PIRACY BY SPANISH PEOPLE

someone Spanish used these models and called it their own, it means piracy= steal something they didn't make and call it their own, they called the model zip file "modelos V2" and i downloaded it without knowing (pirates)

someone Spanish used these models and called it their own, it means piracy= steal something they didn't make and call it their own, they called the model zip file "modelos V2" and i downloaded it without knowing (pirates)
another thing is that if you payed for srb2, you got scamed by pirates (paying for something that is free, and something they didn't make)

another thing is that if you payed for srb2, you got scamed by pirates (paying for something that is free, and something they didn't make)
here is a google search for u
what is software piracy and how do i avoid it?
Downloading and using software without paying for it is a common tactic of pirated software users. However, software piracy also includes distributing software on multiple machines when a license was only purchased for one, as well as copying software and redistributing it.

here is a google search for u
what is software piracy and how do i avoid it?
Downloading and using software without paying for it is a common tactic of pirated software users. However, software piracy also includes distributing software on multiple machines when a license was only purchased for one, as well as copying software and redistributing it.
Piracy or pirating is the name of a specific crime under customary international law and also the name of a number of crimes under the municipal law of a number of states. (another copy'n paste)

The models don't work for me :dramahog::sad:
what did u try to do? (to make it work)

Last edited:
Back