[Open Assets] Modern Sonic Abilities 4.0 BIG UPDATE

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I just wanted to point out that when i boost (usually out if the water) the new boost sfx is mostly static (just fine underwater though)

Alright, so i wanted to clear some things up. First, all the bugs previously mentioned are going to be obsolete as i'm completely remaking all the code, hopefully bug free. Second, I've been working with SSG3 (maker of the wisps addon) in order to possible fuse the two mods together, making something maybe everyone can like?

Alright, so i wanted to clear some things up. First, all the bugs previously mentioned are going to be obsolete as i'm completely remaking all the code, hopefully bug free. Second, I've been working with SSG3 (maker of the wisps addon) in order to possible fuse the two mods together, making something maybe everyone can like?

That sounds great man!

Boost SFX error Srb2WIN

The new Boost SFXs don't support SRB2WIN, ether re-export them from audacity or remake the two files :/

I not sure if this bug but when I add Modern Sonic Abilities it causes ALL the other characters to be able to do ring dash and for some characters the boost as well. Anyway this character ability wad is really nice especially the boost sound underwater. It sounds like a bomb going off when boosting in water.

That "GO!" scream what is supposed to sound when Sonic starts Boosting actually sounds like a "PBFFFFT" sound :T
Also, the Quick Step can't be performed while Boosting, rendering it useless :U
And a lot of animations are superseded by your Falling script (Hanging, spring up, being hurt and dying are the ones what I can remember)

Last edited:
Ok so, after not replying for literal years, I just wanted to say that as of this moment, this wad is discontinued. I don't have any interest of updating, or anything related to fixing it. Life has taken priority and with a lot of personal things going on, I just don't have time for SRB2 the same as I used to.

To reply to a few of you, yes I'm completely aware of the sounds being broken. See, when I remade this last time, I completely disregarded the split between srb2win, and srb2dd. Which as most know, some sounds completely got screwed up because of the changes that were made.

A lot of the bugs, like the quickstep not working while boosting, and the falling frames taking priority when they shouldn't be, as well as the lightdash bug was just me being crap at Lua at the time. If anyone here were to look at my scripts around that time, my Lua was honest garbage. It was unorganized, and really sloppy. Not that I've gotten better. (Again I stopped srb2 because of life things.)

as for Biielz's comment, yes it is an op Lua. SRB2 is meant to be a game that somewhat emulates the classic games and is inspired by that era. The stages aren't really designed with Modern Sonic in mind and I only made this script for fun.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I ruined anyone's day by anything I've said. It's just the way things are at the moment. If I find the motivation or the time someday, I might consider trying my hand at Lua again and giving this thing a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise, like I said, it's dead.

Ok so, after not replying for literal years, I just wanted to say that as of this moment, this wad is discontinued. I don't have any interest of updating, or anything related to fixing it. Life has taken priority and with a lot of personal things going on, I just don't have time for SRB2 the same as I used to.

To reply to a few of you, yes I'm completely aware of the sounds being broken. See, when I remade this last time, I completely disregarded the split between srb2win, and srb2dd. Which as most know, some sounds completely got screwed up because of the changes that were made.

A lot of the bugs, like the quickstep not working while boosting, and the falling frames taking priority when they shouldn't be, as well as the lightdash bug was just me being crap at Lua at the time. If anyone here were to look at my scripts around that time, my Lua was honest garbage. It was unorganized, and really sloppy. Not that I've gotten better. (Again I stopped srb2 because of life things.)

as for Biielz's comment, yes it is an op Lua. SRB2 is meant to be a game that somewhat emulates the classic games and is inspired by that era. The stages aren't really designed with Modern Sonic in mind and I only made this script for fun.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I ruined anyone's day by anything I've said. It's just the way things are at the moment. If I find the motivation or the time someday, I might consider trying my hand at Lua again and giving this thing a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise, like I said, it's dead.
i think everyone can understand, you want to spend your life, not play single game for years, everyone makes your choices isn't?

Last edited:
OoOOOoOoOOoO thats good

Hey! an Addon that keeps you running faster (Sonic CD Reference) Modern Sonic abilities are kinda OP but anyway... this is pretty good (srry 4 bad english?)

If I do decide to, it will be awhile because i would want to completely remake it with new visuals and probably sounds. This version is super messy, and honestly just screams "Lua newbie"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back