SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2020   #101
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
No, I haven't stated it as if it were objective fact. Where did you get this idea from? All I said was that it's false and I disagree.
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
On the contrary, a 3D final boss would have to be simplistic and easy because it requires a control scheme that the player would be unfamiliar with. With a NiGHTs style boss you don't need to make it easy, you can make it as hard as you want because you can count on the player having already mastered the control scheme (they need to in order to even collect all seven emeralds).
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
Firstly, the level design for Super Sonic's moveset would have to very simplistic because the player would not be accustomed to using Super Sonic all that much. Super Sonic in-game is mostly used as an invincibility power up and a cool reward which lets you go super fast. Most of the preceding level design doesn't accommodate Super Sonic's speed so any sort of unique level design is going to be super easy as a result. It's also a boss fight and not some level.

Secondly, the NiGHTS special stage gameplay is the only other sort of Super Sonic-esque gameplay that can allow for some complexity and difficulty in the boss design. It is a matter of those two scenarios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
Yes, his regular moveset. Players aren't used to doing anything more advanced with Super Sonic other than super thokking through the campaign levels. You wouldn't be able to make it hard (at least in an interesting way and not just give Eggman 100 lasers) and you wouldn't even know how to because you haven't built enough concepts to have a good understanding of what to do.

And you're right people will complain about the final boss being too easy but, with Super Sonic's moveset, it would have to be.
You have a tendency of stating things in a very matter of fact way. "It would have to be this way" or "This is the only thing that works like this" and etc. It comes off as you telling an objective truth when what you are actually saying isn't. This is why I keep saying to stop stating things as objective truths like this, if you are going to state something as your opinion and disagree then that's fine, but make it more clear that what you are saying is opinion instead of wording it as if you are trying to shut down discussion with "facts". That's all I'm asking for.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #102
OP345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
Well...







You have a tendency of stating things in a very matter of fact way. "It would have to be this way" or "This is the only thing that works like this" and etc. It comes off as you telling an objective truth when what you are actually saying isn't. This is why I keep saying to stop stating things as objective truths like this, if you are going to state something as your opinion and disagree then that's fine, but make it more clear that what you are saying is opinion instead of wording it as if you are trying to shut down discussion with "facts". That's all I'm asking for.
It's obvious that what I'm saying isn't objective truth considering we're on a thread for speculation. I don't see a reason to restate my intentions when it's obvious to anyone who's even on this thread that it's all just opinions.
OP345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #103
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
It's obvious that what I'm saying isn't objective truth considering we're on a thread for speculation. I don't see a reason to restate my intentions when it's obvious to anyone who's even on this thread that it's all just opinions.
Considering we have had a multi-page argument about it, I think it's self-evident that it's not as obvious as you think it is.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #104
OP345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
Considering we have had a multi-page argument about it, I think it's self-evident that it's not as obvious as you think it is.

It's not my fault if you didn't know a thread on speculation would be just speculation.
OP345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #105
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
It's not my fault if you didn't know a thread on speculation would be just speculation.
It's not my fault that you're speaking in a matter of fact way in a topic that's supposed to be opinion and speculation. Anyway, that's enough. End it. We have carried this pointless back and forth on long enough.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #106
OP345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
It's not my fault that you're speaking in a matter of fact way in a topic that's supposed to be opinion and speculation. Anyway, that's enough. End it. We have carried this pointless back and forth on long enough.
It's obvious this thread is for speculation. It shouldn't matter how I speak if the pretenses of this conversation are clear.
OP345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #107
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP345 View Post
It's obvious this thread is for speculation. It shouldn't matter how I speak if the pretenses of this conversation are clear.
For someone that supposedly isn't interested in arguing about this, you really just can't seem to let it go. Go find a dictionary and look up what the word "stop" means, and then let's get back on topic. The argument is over. I will be participating in it no further.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020   #108
OP345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
For someone that supposedly isn't interested in arguing about this, you really just can't seem to let it go. Go find a dictionary and look up what the word "stop" means, and then let's get back on topic. The argument is over. I will be participating in it no further.
I did respond to you like 9 hours after you made your previous post. It's certainly not constantly on my mind. Sometimes I see some SRB2 stuff on Youtube, get reminded of here, and check it out.
OP345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.