mt_Srb2City.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, 58?

I also love how he said we're dumbasses if we can't understand things without periods (IE, a huge run-on paragraph), but if he's so smart, why can't he just use the damned periods? I mean, one extra button to press isn't much, is it? >.>

Tch, I considered saying it, but couldn't be bothered.
Any comments about the new version/chaosin version anyone?

some surprise

Also, something I forgot to mention to everyone else:
Try going on Hard in match for a little 'surprise' in the military complex
Tresspassers will be shot. Survivers will be shot again.

Its true!!!

Chaos Zero 64 said:
A simple, small map counts as a match map, like Mystic's THUNDER CITADEL map. In a large map like this one, it doesn't count as a match map, as people will get lost, mostly from sight-seeing. I also see it as an RP map.

You seem to forget, my dear CZ64, it's against the rules to have a hangout on the MS, but if it's a non-advertised one, (private), you can do hangouts, RP's, or whatever you want really.....

amyrose said:
You seem to forget, my dear CZ64, it's against the rules to have a hangout on the MS, but if it's a non-advertised one, (private), you can do hangouts, RP's, or whatever you want really.....

Exactly. Keep the rule-pushing wads private, or away from the public. The last thing we want here is a level (such as this) to be shown publicly for everyone to download so they can host carpy hangout and RP servers. If you are influencing RP, keep the influence away fron everyone else. It's not a problem at all if you keep it away from everyone else - hangout servers can be quite fun sometimes.

Jazz said:
Sigh... the only way this map will become a hangout is if the people who play it make it into a hangout. Even SA City can be played as a match map. Stop complaining to the mapper just because you think it "looks" like a "hangout."

Play the map the way it was designed...

Now this is irritating me. I don't get annoyed normally, but I am sick of people whining about RP in this level. I t i s m a t c h / t a g . The basic arguement for you people seems to be two things:

1. The word 'City'. OMG SRB2 CITY SOUNDS LIEK SA-CITY SO MUST BE HANGOUT OLOL. Yeah, right. This was gonna be called SRB2 town, but I figured it sounded too much like Sik's Srb2 Town to be able to use in good faith.

2. Non-Required Scenery. Signs with random quotes, the Sonic recolours working in shops (anyone get that joke?), the random items of shopping. What? Just because something is not useful it shouldn't be there? I thought that stuff like this would add to the theme of it being a city, rather than a ghost town. The 'SRB2 Training Academy' was there because the original premise was that those 'closed for war' doors were open and led to rooms that teleported you to different scenarios before sending you back. The idea was scrapped because it would make the level far too big, and make match impossible.

From the majority of 'constructive' criticism that I have recieved on this wad, I should:

a) Make duller areas, with no socs or anything.
b) Stay away from the word 'city'. SRB2 Metropolis anyone? Villiage? [insert other urban dwelling here]?

I would like to thank Jazz (and by proxy, Ritz), SonicX8000, Super Mystic Sonic, luis90 and BlueZero4, who are the only people who criticised the wad as match/tag and not as hangout.

The 'HANGOUT OLOLers': Look at the bottom of page 6, And take the advice stated there.

ow8..... I still havent criticized this. >_>

It's extreemily flat, and the inside of the buildings need more flow and direction, as well as expanding it a little. The map is just a little too small for the amout of detail you're adding.

As far as the "ZOMG SONIC RECOLORS" here's my advice: Don't only use Sonic. Grab some other characters, and as long as your recoloring, edit them so they look more like they're working then hanging out.

Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back