The SRB2 Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

On the SRB2 Wiki, since it's a Wikipedia type page, eveyone should be able to edit it, but you can't. When I did on the SRB2JTE page under Bugs With Super Forms, I posted "If you go from Super Sonic to Super Metal Sonic, he will be Metallix until you jump.", and it got removed. a few days later "If you go from Super Sonic to Super Metal Sonic, he will be Metallix until you move again." was posted. What that was, was someone lieing and taking credit for my discovery. You can move as Metallix, you just cant jump.

The point of a Wiki is to house collaborative documentation on various subject material (in this case, SRB2). Of course, it wouldn't be easy to achieve this without some moderation. To put it bluntly, anything you submit to Wikipedia or any other Wiki can and will be mercilessly edited by anyone else. If you don't want your contributions to be subject to this, don't submit anything at all.

In the future, instead of making a topic here about this, it is best to make a post about it on the article's Talk page. Typically that's the best place to go to resolve an editing argument.

By the way, nobody's taking credit for anything. It's a group effort. This isn't a competition, so don't try to act like it's one.

And besides...it's not like someone was acually trying to take the credit...What probally happened was that someone took it off, then someone went "Hai...who took that off?" So they put it back on

Also, what your talking about...his name is "Neo Metal Sonic" not Mettalix

You can just see him via the old SA-city glitch

FoxBlitzz said:
By the way, nobody's taking credit for anything. It's a group effort.

That much is debatable.

But anyways, pretty much what Blitzz just told you. It's open to any and all edits. Hell, it's still open for any user who isn't logged in to edit it. (Though I was rather hoping Digiku would have changed that by now...).

As for your first comment..
Sky Ninja said:
On the SRB2 Wiki, since it's a Wikipedia type page, everyone should be able to edit it, but you can't.

The SRB2JTE page has been abused. All types of spam, redundant edits, and complete and total disregard of the Style Guide caused a protection for the page. Want changes to to be made to the page? Put it in the discussion page, and if the Sysops think it noteworthy, it'll be added. But be descriptive of where you want it added, and don't be vague about content. We need to know exactly what should be added/changed.

Yes, I agree that that sucks. But the reality is that it's a far better option than leaving it open. This hasn't happened with any other article because they haven't been abused. (Save a few bot-targeted articles...)

Draykon said:
Actually, it's neither. The official name is "Metal Sonic as he appeared in Sonic Heroes"

No - it's "Neo Metal Sonic", as that's Metal Sonic's form before he transformed into the Metal Overlord in Sonic Heroes. And that's final.

*crosses arms*

Give me an official source. (If you're going to reference the manual I want a scan as well. Because I KNOW the manual only refers to him as "Mystery Monster")

Edit: Ok, I looked it up on Wikipedia, which pointed me to an official source.

First of all, I would like to thank to the "Wiki Maintainers Team" for his work on giving us an useful material and a nice site. I have read a lot of times those pages that helped me on many ways.

Well, upon reading the SRB2 Wiki and typing some commands in console and making some editions, I realized it's lacking some commands (with its instructions of course) there.

I think at least these could be included into SRB2 Wiki:

FRIENDLYFIRE
LISTWAD
RINGSLINGER
SCREENSHOT_FOLDER
SCREENSHOT_OPTION
SUDDENDEATH

Also I think it's lacking some more commands... but I'll leave them for next opportunity.

Thanks

(I hope I didn't dig up a topic without need)

Part of the Wiki mentality is "Don't just stand there, put it in yourself!" You might want to be bold and edit those in yourself. ;)

BlueZero4 said:
Part of the Wiki mentality is "Don't just stand there, put it in yourself!" You might want to be bold and edit those in yourself. ;)
Gosh, that's proactive. :)

And thanks, ElieX. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back