What are your camera height and distance preferences?

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
I use 50 cam_height, 200 cam_dist, and 0.75 cam_speed. Otherwise, it feels like sonic takes up so much of the screen, and it feels very difficult to make jumps the way I want. Sections like the final minecart section in ACZ2 feel like trial and error for new players because the camera angle is way too low to the ground, making it hard to see the end of each piece of track. Am I alone in thinking the defaults aren't great?

Last edited:
224 and 48

(The serious answer is I use all of Simple mode's defaults, except for one extra notch of camera shift. The defaults were picked based on what I was most comfortable playing with.)

Last edited:
I use...
* 90-100 FOV.
* Height default
* Distance 70
And I use Orbital Camera, because I asked for it like two years ago and why not using it? Models are part of it to make it real tasty!!!

cam_dist is default, my cam_height is anywhere from 50 to 100 depending on when you ask me.

I used to experiment more, but I've found myself increasingly frustrated with SRB2's tangible camera and how it jitters and gets stuck on terrain. If our camera was intangible and we had sectors which turned translucent client-side when a player is on the other side, I'd most likely have my camera zoomed way the hell out.

Well I use the default option because I feel it is fine to play because I personally don't bother myself to mess up some options.

I use the default settings, mostly so that when I'm testing levels and such I'm experiencing it exacty how the majority of other players would.
However, recently I've been experimenting and I quite like how the camera feels with distance 180, height 40, and speed 0.35. Maybe I'll start using that instead.
I think it would also be great if there was an optional intangible camera, like in SRB2Kart, for people with the camera set to be further away.

cam_dist is default, my cam_height is anywhere from 50 to 100 depending on when you ask me.

I used to experiment more, but I've found myself increasingly frustrated with SRB2's tangible camera and how it jitters and gets stuck on terrain. If our camera was intangible and we had sectors which turned translucent client-side when a player is on the other side, I'd most likely have my camera zoomed way the hell out.

That would surely make SRB2 better for orbital cam! That's what I didn't know I needed hahaha.

I've messed around with stuff a bit and ended up with 4:1 or 3:1 ratios like Dist 120, Height 30 and Dist 90, Height 30. They for some reason give off '06 vibes even though I'm about 99% sure that's not how 06's camera works. Also really difficult to play with, but it's strangely nice-looking?

cam_dist is whatever I want it to be
srb20066.gif

Distance - 160
Fov - 100
Height - 35
Orbital camera - On
SCA (Slope camera Adjustment) - Of course!
Playstyle - Standard

Default but no slope adjustment and FOV is sometimes set to 110 and only sometime because it doesn't save for some reason...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back