This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
Heya! This is my first ever srb2 level, so it may be a tad rough around the edges, so sorry for any weirdness. Anywho, the idea for this level came when I found that emblem room with amy, and was thinking "Why isn't there an entire level that uses these trees?" Well, now there is. Big thanks to the users of the #mapping channel in the official discord, and major thanks to DylanDude#1286 for not only teaching me how zonebuilder works, but also helping fix up the level and even adding some extra stuff to it. Wouldn't have been possible without them. I also put act 1 in the title because I may decide to make an act 2 at some point. If you see anything that you think should be improved, don't be afraid to tell me, I'm open to any and all criticism. The music is Relic Maze 1 from freedom planet btw, If you haven't checked out that game you really should.

Supporters / CoAuthors:

Attachments

• srb20100.png
    srb20100.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 1,507
  • srb20099.png
    srb20099.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,577
  • srb20096.png
    srb20096.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,099
  • srb20095.png
    srb20095.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 913
  • srb20098.png
    srb20098.png
    80 KB · Views: 986
  • VS_Sakura-Sunset-Zone-v1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,093
Last edited by a moderator:
Everything appears to be working, I was able to beat the stage as Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Fang, though some jumps are quite tight.
Welcome to releases.

To be specific, my largest contribution to the level itself was adding an alternate path to the right of the forested spiral. Pretty neat to finally see this in Releases!

Okay, let's get started! (a little late)

I played this level, but I forgot to write my opinion about it.
Well, better late than never.

Small mistake.

attachment.php

Is this exactly your first level? If so, then you've put in enough effort. It looks good.
I liked the geometry of the level itself. You are definitely good at it.
It seemed to me that you are extremely abusing these trees. Only these trees are at the level. There are no other decorations. The water is empty. There are some places on the level that are also very empty. It doesn't look very good, although I still enjoyed the level.

The water needs to be given its own colormap. If you used the 65535 tag as a painting, then creating a new colormap it will overlap the first

attachment.php

You posted this level ̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ eleven months ago and I see that you have done nothing more. It's a little sad, I would like to see more levels from you!

There is a small mistake with the texture. Flick, stop, where are you going?

attachment.php

I didn't quite understand what the mistake was, but the game says that there is no texture

attachment.php

No really. It looks good enough. If you learn how to make levels (more advanced), create slopes, and generally learn level design, then you can definitely make good levels!

Attachments

• srb20406.gif
    srb20406.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,936
  • srb20407.gif
    srb20407.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,623
  • srb20410.gif
    srb20410.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,446
  • srb20408.gif
    srb20408.gif
    827.5 KB · Views: 2,375
Last edited:
Okay, let's get started! (a little late)

I played this level, but I forgot to write my opinion about it.
Well, better late than never.

Small mistake.

attachment.php

Is this exactly your first level? If so, then you've put in enough effort. It looks good.
I liked the geometry of the level itself. You are definitely good at it.
It seemed to me that you are extremely abusing these trees. Only these trees are at the level. There are no other decorations. The water is empty. There are some places on the level that are also very empty. It doesn't look very good, although I still enjoyed the level.

The water needs to be given its own colormap. If you used the 65535 tag as a painting, then creating a new colormap it will overlap the first

attachment.php

You posted this level ̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ eleven months ago and I see that you have done nothing more. It's a little sad, I would like to see more levels from you!

There is a small mistake with the texture. Flick, stop, where are you going?

attachment.php

I didn't quite understand what the mistake was, but the game says that there is no texture

attachment.php

No really. It looks good enough. If you learn how to make levels (more advanced), create slopes, and generally learn level design, then you can definitely make good levels!
I've actually been planning on getting back into mapping eventually, i've just been more pre-occupied with my other spriting and lua based projects as of late. Will definitely keep this stuff in mind if/when I manage to finish all this stuff i'm working on rn lmao. Also, yeah, this is my first (and only) map.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back