[Open Assets] Original Black Eggman Model (Full Polycount with Original Animations Intact)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SuperPhanto

Bad at every videogame ever
This is the one and only model used to create the pre-renders of Black Eggman, who coincidentally started off as an md2. This is mainly a proof of concept to show off how powerful SRB2 has become in terms of handling 3D models. I did have to fix where the animations were located in the file, and I had to rotate the entire model by 90 degrees Counter-clockwise, so this isn't completely effortless, despite the hard part having already been done for me.

Installation is simple, just extract the zip file into your models folder, and enter this into models.dat:
Code:
BRAK Brak.md3 6.25 0.0
BRAKEGGMAN PlayerBrak.md3 3.125 0.0
BRKP PlayerBrak.md3 3.125 0.0

Update: Old version removed, because I had to fix a texture issue that prevented srb2 from loading the Yellow lines on the right side. However, the old texture still works and is included instead!

Attachments

• Brak-1.png
    Brak-1.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 2,378
  • Brak-2.png
    Brak-2.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 2,418
  • Brak-3.png
    Brak-3.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 1,892
  • Brak-4.png
    Brak-4.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 2,887
  • Brak-Comparison.png
    Brak-Comparison.png
    116 KB · Views: 5,278
  • unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,148
  • BlackEggman-v4.1.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
Did you start working on this after seeing WIPs of my own attempt on Discord from a week ago or is the timing just a neat coincidence? It's nothing important either way, I'm more curious about your workflow for fixing the model versus mine.

Last edited:
Did you start working on this after seeing WIPs of my own attempt on Discord from a week ago or is the timing just a neat coincidence? It's nothing important either way, I'm more curious about your workflow for fixing the model versus mine.

Actually, I don't check the Discord very often, so I didn't even see that anyone else had attempted this! XD

As for fixing the model, I looked at where the frames were located in srb2.pk3 and put them in the right places. There were some frames that were still in the wrong places somehow, so for those I just used trial and error. The 90 degree rotation was very simple, however. Misfit Model 3D has a feature to rotate the entire model on any axis, including all the animations.

Last edited:
Just figured out the problem with 2.0 Black Eggman. Turns out, There was an extra frame on the model that went unused by the game, which made the total frames 28 as opposed to 27. It's updated now!

Wait a minute...
i have flicke mod and github download
Dont count with it.

Version 4 has an alternate model made to look like my new renders, and a model for the player I released recently!

Version 4 has an alternate model made to look like my new renders, and a model for the player I released recently!

So... yeah, Brak player has now models, but i now see and the abilities like the glue, don't have an animation.

Update 4.1 is out! I removed the old version because I had to fix an issue where SRB2 wouldn't load the yellow stripes on Brak's right side, which I cannot believe noone noticed untill now! Anyway, the original texture still works on the new model, and is still incuded, so not much was lost.
So... yeah, Brak player has now models, but i now see and the abilities like the glue, don't have an animation.
This is because the animation for the glue gun changes the texture, which MD3's cannot do in the middle of an animation to my knowledge.
the life moniter for this character doesnt have a life icon for the 3d model
I can probably figure something out for that.

when i try to load up the boss jecks model and your model wont work with the boss but the character is fine it worked fine before

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back