Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons

[Open Assets] Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons v1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
heh

before this mod was made, sometimes you can glitch custom characters into a mod's save states, i did this with SMS into GFZ Expansion on SRB2Web, and also I did it with one of my mods into another mod i forgot the name of, sometimes, you either have to get one mod, preferably a simple edit or not a character, then your character, then the level map, sometimes it will work, if the character you have is already in the mod, then its useless basically

I've been having the same problem as above, I convert my saves and not only are all of them missing emeralds 1, 3 and 6, my Sonic+Tails and Fang files can't be loaded at all!

For Nack, he isn't unlocked from the start, but Sonic and Tails not loading makes no sense. 

now im gonna have fun playing as modern, neo and bandages on the mystic realm

ps: how do i change my profile picture

Last edited:
Yes!i got to black core act 3 as kirby and i was so close to finishing the fight but then my last life nooo...

I found a solution :D

Another little caveat is that, since this is a new gamedata, unlockables and records will be reset while this script is loaded. Don't worry, you'll still have everything in your non-modified game, but you'll have to do everything again here.

Well you could just duplicate gamedata.dat, rename it to whatever the name of custom gamedata's dat file is, and then replace it. Then you'll have the same progress lol

Thanks to this i can complete the 2.1 on 2.2 mod!
P.S The 2.1 on 2.2 mod is unfinished. But i used hex editing to fix that problem.

Attachments

• srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 176
based on the wording it seems like they've been looking for a solution, why cant you just have data set to a save, if its using a modded character tag it as such and if its a vanilla tag it as vanilla, any untagged save will automatically be tagged as vanilla just to keep old saves working, than assign characters a random number some how corresponding to a character, maybe by file name being converted to a number somehow, and if it detects that a mod isnt loaded than load the mod with the corresponding number with a notification popping up asking if you want to do it, also assign the official characters special tags to make them a1, a2, a3, a4 ect so they dont get overwritten by some mod named acdb.wad, the only problem i can think is when a mod gets updated the name would change from acdb-vX.wad to acdb-vY.wad slightly changing the number meaning it wouldnt sync up, so maybe based on character name, color, ability1 and ability2, and that, not stats incase they're changed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back