[TUTORIAL] How to host a server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just got a new router and it works well now. I can host netgames. Many thanks!

"If your IPv4 is in the DHCP's range, it means that if you host a server, it will only be accessible from your internal network, and we'll need to set the IPv4 to another address so the server can be accessible from anywhere.
I had to set my IPv4 at 192.168.1.151"

Im sorry but i legit don't understand this part. How do i understand if my IPv4 is out of range or not?And if it's not,how do i have to change it? Maybe you guys can tell me how you did this step so i can understand easily?

I'm having an issue at the ipv4 part. I did put it in my search bar, but all I get is "this site cannot be reached". On top of that, I don't get a redirect to this Livebox thing.

I'm having an issue at the ipv4 part. I did put it in my search bar, but all I get is "this site cannot be reached". On top of that, I don't get a redirect to this Livebox thing.
The interface is based on what router you own.
Also did you try going to Network in File Explorer and double-clicking the router (if you can't find it, try everything)?

IPv4 issue?

made an acc just for this lol but, for some reason when I put my IPv4 in the search bar I get a "page could not be reached" thing :/ idk what to do..

Hey I have a question I hosted a server without tutorial. My server was on standard on the MB and in the game it was not there what happened?

Hey I have a question I hosted a server without tutorial. My server was on standard on the MB and in the game it was not there what happened?
that what happened with me too when i host without the tutorial
but you see your server with players number and Ping ?

To all those who can't seem to find anything after searching their IPv4, try searching the default gateway instead. For me it was the gateway that took me to the website of my provider. From there you would then follow the rest of the tutorial.

Anyways, I believe this tutorial may be a bit outdated, so if it doesn't work for you or it is hard to understand, try following this other tutorial at https://www.jameds.org/portforward/

well i think the problem here comes from me !
i think i don't have NAT and PAT in my router
try to host it with other methods but it doesn't work :(
lIe9wCQ.jpg

Last edited:
What happens if the site refuses to connect and there's no way to make it connect?
Post automatically merged:

Oh wait, There's no port forwarding for me, My port is never on any networks, Not even a auto portforwarder has it listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back