drifting not working well

smiggy

Hey so I've been playing this for a while but i got a problem, drifting does not work consistently for the life of me. I know how to its just sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. By that I mean it just won't happen sometimes. I'm pressing the right buttons and everything I've tried it with two controllers and its the same every time. Sometimes it will begin to drift and then just cancel itself out of nowhere. I've noticed it works better if i press B before my analog stick clicks on the side of its hole but it still only happens sometimes and not all the time. Is there a secret to this? My friend who got me into this refuses to elaborate and just says press B and turn but that's what im doing!
please help

Well, I’ve only played SRB2 Kart once with controller, mostly I’ve play it with keyboard, but if it’s anything like other Mario Kart games (and if my memory serves me correctly) the B button would be automatically assigned to brakes, not drift. That would be one of the back buttons of your controller (L2, R2). If you’re drifting, but you suddenly stop, this could also be that your not holding a direction while drifting, which causes it to stop drifting. If either of these is not the problem, then it would have to be your controller or that the button is unassigned/ not the button you’re pressing.

(Edit, realized that what I’ve underlined wasn’t part of what you needed help with, do read it though just in case.)

Last edited:
You can only drift while turning left or right.

already knew that smartass
anyway i figured out what the problem was i was holding upright or downleft and such at times instead of holding right or left directly
thank you charonik for actually being helpful

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back