Annoying habit on the MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oerg

Likes CTF
Good day folks.

I have come across something rather annoying.

I live in Germany and I run a dedicated erver called Oerg's-Inn CTF @ Europe. It is hosted by me but physically is in the Netherlands. It is on a fast connection provided by a friend of mine. You can check it at http://oerg866.ath.cx if you want to. It has an uptime of 47 days atm, but is active since july last year. The SRB2 server was installed by me on last sunday while at a friend's place. He plays SRB2 too sometimes. I thought about the times I played CTF here with some IRC members. Good times. I was young and immature but I enjoyed it and I still do. Rather, I do again. That's why I am trying to be the first 24/7 dedicated SRB2 Server hoster in Europe. To provide a better SRB2 netgaming experience for european people.

It has worked very well. Sometimes I had all 12 slots filled, so I extended to 16, because it was being very filled (And still lag free, I could experience that myself since I am about 400km away from the server. It plays just like singleplayer). I felt satisfied.

Lately my hopes have been ruined by a person called "lalo". What he does is: He comes onto my server, causes partial lag, and ask people to join his server instead. I have become quite enraged. However, I have logs:

Player 3 renamed to lalo
Player 4 renamed to Joao.Carlos
<lalo> hola joao
Joao.Carlos switched to the red team
<Kareem> hi hola
<Joao.Carlos> Hola
<lalo> joao perdoname
<Kareem> hola
<Joao.Carlos> lalo blue
<lalo> pwerdoname
<Joao.Carlos> si
<lalo> bamos a mi server
<Joao.Carlos> bamos
<lalo> ok =]
<lalo> ben a mi server
<Kareem> me
<Joao.Carlos> ok -=
lalo left the game
Joao.Carlos fell into a bottomless pit.
Joao.Carlos left the game

[...]

**lalo** dropped the blue flag.
Oerg866 returned the blue flag to base.
**lalo** became a spectator.
sonic gamester 101 picked up the red flag!
Tom The HedgeFox switched to the red team
lol sonic switched to the red team
<**lalo**> ucas si estas ben a mi server
**lalo** left the game

[...]

<**lalo**> lets go tu server
zonic TFF leader picked up the red flag!
<lol sonic> ok
<lol sonic> bye
<**lalo**> is name
Gokussj3 was hit by zonic TFF leader's explosion ring.
HyperSonicJr was hit by zonic TFF leader's explosion ring.
HyperSonicJr dropped the blue flag.
zonic TFF leader was hit by HyperSonicJr's scatter ring.
zonic TFF leader dropped the red flag.
<lol sonic> lol sonic server
HyperSonicJr returned the red flag to base.
<Dark Blitz Dragon> lisen lalo we dont know where lucas is
zonic TFF leader was hit by HyperSonicJr's scatter ring.
supersonic_XxWinDXx picked up the red flag!
HyperSonicJr picked up the blue flag!
<**lalo**> ok
supersonic_XxWinDXx dropped the red flag.
supersonic_XxWinDXx was killed by Gokussj3's ring.
zonic TFF leader left the game
<lol sonic> lol sonic server
Gokussj3 returned the red flag to base.
<**lalo**> lets go lol
<lol sonic> yay
<*WALID*IRAQ*> me 2
lol sonic left the game
**lalo** left the game

[...]

Player 3 has joined the game (node 2)
Player Address is 41.196.149.28:5029
<Dark Blitz Dragon> come and go
Player 3 renamed to *****lalo*elit******
<*****lalo*elit******> hi
<Dark Blitz Dragon> hi
Gokussj3 drowned.
<*****lalo*elit******> come to my server ok?
<Dark Blitz Dragon> who
<*****lalo*elit******> me
supersonic_XxWinDXx picked up the blue flag!
<*****lalo*elit******> ok?
<supersonic_XxWinDXx> ...
<Gokussj3> elementel hero flare neos
<Dark Blitz Dragon> why should i go
Gokussj3 fell into a bottomless pit.
<supersonic_XxWinDXx> flag?
<*****lalo*elit******> *******lalo*elit****** server******
<*****lalo*elit******> ok?
<Dark Blitz Dragon> fine
<supersonic_XxWinDXx> ok
*****lalo*elit****** left the game
Dark Blitz Dragon left the game

[...]

Meanwhile I said....

>say Okay guys here/s the dea
<~SERVER> Okay guys here/s the dea
<supersonic_XxWinDXx> ... what?
>say NExt time that backstabbing lalo elit guy comes here, tell him to piss off
<~SERVER> NExt time that backstabbing lalo elit guy comes here, tell him to piss off
<Gokussj3> yes
>say thanks and peace have fun
<~SERVER> thanks and peace have fun

[...]

Player Address is 190.48.176.141:5029
Player 3 renamed to magmar jet omega
<magmar jet omega> hola
<Dark Blitz Dragon> hi
magmar jet omega renamed to **lalo**
<**lalo**> y lucas
<Dark Blitz Dragon> no
<Dark Blitz Dragon> havent seen him
<**lalo**> donde esdta
<Dark Blitz Dragon> ???
<Dark Blitz Dragon> what
<**lalo**> espa;ol
<Dark Blitz Dragon> ...i dont speck spainish
<Dark Blitz Dragon> speak
<**lalo**> you espa;o
<Dark Blitz Dragon> no
<Dark Blitz Dragon> im
<**lalo**> ok
<Dark Blitz Dragon> not
**lalo** left the game

[...]

Player 4 has joined the game (node 3)
Player Address is 186.99.69.181:5029
Player 3 renamed to **lalo**
<Kareem(playing dsi)> hola
<**lalo**> hola
<**lalo**> e kareem
Player 4 renamed to wislon felipe
<Kareem(playing dsi)> ?
wislon felipe switched to the blue team
<**lalo**> bern a my server
<wislon felipe> hola
<Kareem(playing dsi)> hola
<**lalo**> kareem
**lalo** switched to the red team
**lalo** left the game
<Kareem(playing dsi)> ?
Player 5 has joined the game (node 4)
Player Address is 83.168.4.21:53658
<Kareem(playing dsi)> wilson u lag
<**lalo**> kareem
Player 5 left the game
<Kareem(playing dsi)> ?
<**lalo**> ben a my server
<Kareem(playing dsi)> y
<Kareem(playing dsi)> i lag there
**lalo** left the game
>ban 190.48.176.141
>ban
Ban <playername> or <playernum> <reason>: ban and kick a player

^

I noticed that you cannot ban an IP (or can you...?)

[...]

Player 8 has joined the game (node 7)
Player Address is 190.48.173.59:5029
Player 8 renamed to **lalo**
<**lalo**> RR
<RR123 (LVL5]> Hola
Sonic captured the red flag.
manic the baby picked up the blue flag!
manic the baby tossed the blue flag.
manic the baby picked up the blue flag!
<**lalo**> biewnes a mi server

[...]

Player 6 has joined the game (node 5)
Player Address is 190.48.181.151:5029
<Skye> brb
Player 6 renamed to **lalo**
ELVIS ELVIN tossed the red flag.
ELVIS ELVIN fell into a bottomless pit.
Skye left the game
<*WALID*IRAQ*> lalo?
<Kareem> hola
<**lalo**> kareem
<Kareem> ?
<**lalo**> ben a my server ok?
<Kareem> uh
<Kareem> ok
The red flag has returned to base.
<**lalo**> o
**lalo** left the game

[...]

Player Address is 190.48.181.151:5029
<**lalo**> hola
<RR123 (LVL5]> Hola
Chaos Zero was killed by ELVIS ELVIN 's rail ring.
<**lalo**> RR123 despues ben a my server
<RR123 (LVL5]> No entres a azul
ELVIS ELVIN was hit by Chaos Zero's ring.
Chaos Zero was hit by ELVIS ELVIN 's ring.
**lalo** switched to the blue team
<RR123 (LVL5]> No entres a azul
<**lalo**> si

At first I thought it's just a random noob. However this hasn't stopped. I have talked to people in IRC about it. I was suggested to open this thread. I don't know what to do. He has a dynamic IP, so I cannot ban his IP.

I wanted to have him banned from the Master Server. However as it has been said there is no rule against it.

I would like to consult this forum for opinions -- What could be done about this problem?

Cheers,
Oerg

Monitor your server for a while. When that douche lalo shows up, check his node and ban it. The server creates a ban log with his ip address in it. Given he has a dynamic ip, the ban will continue to work in till lalo rejoins with a different ip. Go ahead and ban him again. Keep doing this in till lalo stops comming. Then you know he's been banned for good (Or he gives up joining).

lalo comes to my server as well and causes lag spikes and telling others to join his server. I haven't banned him yet but I do intend too.

Aha! So i'm not the only victim, that's good -- I will ban him next time I see him. I am very busy nowadays, so it's difficult to continously monitor the server but I'll try my best.

Thank you,
Oerg

You can set IP bans directly by editing the ban.txt file in SRB2's working directory. One ban per line, in the following format:

IP address <space> Subnet mask <space> Ban reason

For instance:

Code:
192.168.0.1 32 Reason for this ban
192.168.1.1 24 Reason for another ban

Chances are you might not be familiar with the concept of subnetting. The syntax in ban.txt is identical to CIDR notation except with a space instead of a slash. In the example above, the first ban is applied to the specific IP 192.168.0.1. The second one applies for any IP in the 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255 range.

Make sure to restart SRB2 or use the console command RELOADBANS in order to make the game actually read the file.

Good day folks.

I have come across something rather annoying.

I live in Germany and I run a dedicated erver called Oerg's-Inn CTF @ Europe. It is hosted by me but physically is in the Netherlands. It is on a fast connection provided by a friend of mine. You can check it at http://oerg866.ath.cx if you want to. It has an uptime of 47 days atm, but is active since july last year. The SRB2 server was installed by me on last sunday while at a friend's place. He plays SRB2 too sometimes. I thought about the times I played CTF here with some IRC members. Good times. I was young and immature but I enjoyed it and I still do. Rather, I do again. That's why I am trying to be the first 24/7 dedicated SRB2 Server hoster in Europe. To provide a better SRB2 netgaming experience for european people.

It has worked very well. Sometimes I had all 12 slots filled, so I extended to 16, because it was being very filled (And still lag free, I could experience that myself since I am about 400km away from the server. It plays just like singleplayer). I felt satisfied.

Lately my hopes have been ruined by a person called "lalo". What he does is: He comes onto my server, causes partial lag, and ask people to join his server instead. I have become quite enraged. However, I have logs:

At first I thought it's just a random noob. However this hasn't stopped. I have talked to people in IRC about it. I was suggested to open this thread. I don't know what to do. He has a dynamic IP, so I cannot ban his IP.

I wanted to have him banned from the Master Server. However as it has been said there is no rule against it.

I would like to consult this forum for opinions -- What could be done about this problem?

Cheers,
Oerg

That guy from your server is kinda like Walled he says ''Come to my server!'' and makes lag like him you can always use kick or ban EDIT: that guy named Dark Blitz is my friend :P.

Last edited:
Ha ha so you got that problem to.

I join your server sometimes and that Lalo guy is a pain in the ass. Trying to get other to join his damn server.

I banned him so much that he never even come to my server.

But like what the guy said try to keep watch on him. There no use on banning this guy off the MS.

Oh and i seen some other server host 24/7 to so you wont be the 1st but maybe the 2nd.

What Neo said, ban a whole range of his IP, chance are his ISP is giving him an IP in a specific 190.48.xxx.xxx range, so you may have to back that whole block, it's from Argentina though so I wouldn't worry too much about it losing you players.

^ That in addition to the troll who may have been impersonating Internet Explorer and made a 13-player CTF game clear out by spamming the chat with dialogue I would rather not reprint here.

Take a note of the spammer's ip address and ban it by editing the ban log. (Alternatively, you can just keep chat muted period.)

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but, If you don't want people to collect the emeralds you could always turn them off.

you go to the multiplayer menu and then to the network options and it appears as Emeralds On

"Map Is Now MAP81: CLOUD PALACE ZONE "
Internet Explorer Fell Into a bottomless pit. "
I remember this part like it was yesterday. And it was yesterday.
I do not know why many people have something to do with me ... I just play. Some people can even use my name to make me say things. I received two messages from two people who asked me if it was really me who had insulted them in a server.
I hate the multiplayer more. It is deteriorating by the attitude of some. There are some players who make me want to get into my screen, exit by their screen, and give them a punch.
I want to stop this.

EDIT : Of course, Oerg, thank you very much for reporting that.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it's a dedicated server >____________>

Set a password for the server so you can verify yourself when you join.(Or just verify yourself while playing) Then you'll have almost all of the same abilities as the server.

"Map Is Now MAP81: CLOUD PALACE ZONE "
Internet Explorer Fell Into a bottomless pit. "
I remember this part like it was yesterday. And it was yesterday.
I do not know why many people have something to do with me ... I just play. Some people can even use my name to make me say things. I received two messages from two people who asked me if it was really me who had insulted them in a server.
I hate the multiplayer more. It is deteriorating by the attitude of some. There are some players who make me want to get into my screen, exit by their screen, and give them a punch.
I want to stop this.

EDIT : Of course, Oerg, thank you very much for reporting that.

yeah, it's weird. I accidentally banned you (sorry =P), but then i banned this guy who named himself "Internet" and deleted your ban :)

@Chrome: THanks, I'll take a look :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back