• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Magical Dimensions Zone (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
Magical Dimensions Zone is now complete. Here it is the link:http://www.mediafire.com/?8ibz4w4c4j894mk

Time to show some screenshots (old):

srb20001.png

srb20004.png

srb20005h.png

Please tell me your thoughts about this.

Last edited:
Looks good for a first level, but in the first screenshot, there is a HUGE ugly wall to the right.

EDIT: And two checkpoints next to each other, I just don't like. either spread them out, or replace them with one checkpoint.

Last edited:
The ugly wall is going to become a FOF.

The two checkpoints will be replaced by only one, but blue crystal will stay because my level is about dimensions and it can have crystals in a desert area.

Oh and it will have at least 4 dimensions:

Green dimension
Orange dimension
???????????????
???????????????

I will continue doing this level and show some more progress soon.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

EDIT: More little progress made:

srb20006s.png

Fixed some misaligned textures and also done more progress on the orange (sand) dimension.

Last edited:
It good for your first leave, blue and red is good for it.

SpiritCrusher right, blue crystals and dessert don't mix.

On the contrary, they might. It would just depend on what kind of dessert it was. For example, blue rock candy crystals could fit very well in a sugary treat themed world. ;)

And Rocky. So far I can't tell much from the screenshots, but I can tell this: It looks like a lot of large flat platforms. Do we get more variation in there at some point?

Ah this is looking great for being your first map. All you need to do is add some more decor move the check points or replace them. And i agree with SpiritCrusher. The blue crystals just don't look good with the desert theme your trying to do. And the level kinda looking flat maybe uneven it a bit?

On various occasions I see flat parts in those pictures, however you probably already know this and you will fix or have already fixed this problem. Also the others are right, the blue crystals have got to go. They just don't look right in a desert theme level like that. If you are thinking of making a "Snow Dimension" (see what I did there :P) then those blue crystals would certainly fit, but right now they don't really mix well there.

Also if you're having trouble finding what to put in those flat places, I suggest making waterfalls in the 'Green Dimension', heck maybe even trees, although I'm not sure it would look so good. For the 'Orange Dimension' you could add quicksand pits, or even quicksand waterfalls if you want to go that far.

I like the start of this and by sound of things you seem to know what you're doing. Hopefully you won't end up leaving the project just like so many others have done in the past(myself included).

I'll assume you're a new designer, I'm glad to see new works.
I remember a level that is this theme, the theme of "multiple dimensions", and I recommend a level I liked, it's Wonder Terrace. Perhaps you will find some ideas there. It was in the January/February 2011 Contest.

My personal advices :
- The crystal blue, and anything else that has a different color to its dimension are not good. The crystal blue in the desert is inappropriate as cactus would not be suitable in a water cave ...
- In the green dimension, you should create large trees to improve the visual sector and also emphasize that this is the galaxy "nature". Be careful though as the trees do not block 80% of Sonic's way !
- While each dimension has different textures, we also provide them with different challenges. For example, you can place rocks falling into the orange dimension (Linedef type 12) ...

I need an information. How Sonic goes from one dimension to another ? With a teleporter ?

I will come from time to time to see the progress of your level.

Last edited:
Metal Fighter, I will not leave this project.

The ugly wall dissapeared and was replaced by a nice FOF.
The 2 starposts were replaced by one and the crystals were removed
The next dimension will be light blue dimension. It's going to have a lot of ice.

I will come back with some screenshots soon.

Edit: But in the green dimension, trees will NOT appear because it just doesn't fit in the sky.
Internet Explorer, I don't know how to put rock falling from the sky or mountain top.

And yes, it has a teleporter.

Last edited:
Update:

More screenshots:

uglywallisgone.png

Ugly wall is gone, replaced by a FOF.

onestarpost.png

Now there is only one starpost(I am going to improve the teleporter soon).

srb20003.png

Improved the sand dimension, now it has a huge quicksand sector.

improvedtheorangedimens.png

More improvement at the sand dimension.

icedimension.png

A little peek at the brand new ice dimension.(Very incomplete)

And that's all for now.

Last edited:
Small suggestion, try using the darker shades of the desert brick texture. It will be easier on the eyes when you play, and it will be easier to tell when a platform ends.

Ok looking 10 times better then before.

Good job. And i like how you add quicksand. And have to jump on the platforms to not sink.

I cant wait to see what the snow realm be like.

Ok KO.T.E, I will try to apply that suggestion.

I can't show screenshots right now but the teleporter is now improved. And I managed to improve the snow dimension.

The final dimension is going to have #drum# LAVA.
It's going to include some gigantic lava waterfalls.

Screenshots soon...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back