Post your Desktop

anyway, content

vQ1ve.jpg

desktop7.png

I oughta find a higher-quality version of this image. The leftmost wall of grey is only there because the image was basically in a 4:3 resolution when I got it, and there wasn't enough to crop without looking terrible.

I mean sure you can use the start menu, but that takes longer then pressing the show desktop button and clicking on an icon.

Not really.

Press Windowskey. Start typing the name of a program. Press Enter. No mouse required. You'll thank me later.

My main motivation for telling you guys this is that you seem to have some really nice wallpapers that are being spoiled by too many desktop icons.

desktop8.png

I keep just about all of these wallpapers on cycle, ftr. If anyone wants any of these, send me a PM and I'll get you the originals.

I've just changed from W7 to Ubuntu, and the first thing I did was change the Ubuntu's normal look to a customized one:

14sd4zt.jpg

I think that I won't change this for a long time. I liked this very much. =)

Last edited:
desktop9.png

I don't know how all those artifacts got on that image. It was clean when I saved the PNG! I think Windows might be compressing the wallpaper...

desktopb.png

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm putting too many wallpapers into my cycle. I usually find myself hitting the Next Desktop Background button thirty times on startup before it gets to one I want to see.

desktop-1.png

Out of curiosity, I searched for Nyan Cat on DeviantArt. I found this and thought "Holy shit this has to be my wallpaper."

Cycles between these two every thirty minutes. I had to resize them because they weren't uploading, but they're 1280x960 originally.
xdesktopcurrent.png

xdesktopcurrent2.png

And here's my old one, which took me all of five minutes to think up and make.
xdesktopold.png

Decided to change to unity, it's awesome. I just didn't like of the fact that the dock's color can't be changed. Here's a printscreen :

capturadetelage.png

desktopc.png

I told myself I'd cut down on adding wallpapers to my rotation, but I found this one and I just couldn't resist!

My main motivation for telling you guys this is that you seem to have some really nice wallpapers that are being spoiled by too many desktop icons.

My desktop is relatively clean of icons because I often use the Alt+F2 shortcut.

As you can see, I like to use GIMP; I browse using Firefox ("Iceweasel") and I make music using Rosegarden and my keyboard. :)

mydesktop.png

By the way, I would recommend you to open your big screenshots with GIMP and save it as .png with "Interlacing (Adam7)". Alternatively you can use any other program that has this function. It is really helps those people like me who only have 1000 Kbit/s download. ;)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back