Strange Vid. Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
Well, since I have no better to do in my spare time, due to one of the games I play having down time, I decided to re-download and fire SRB2 back up again until then. Yesterday, it was working fine.

Today, I got a strange error and it says: Couldn't set video mode because it failed the change?

Does anyone know what this means and know how to fix the problem? Oh, and my default scr_height and scr_width were 640 x 400. I changed it in the config to 1024 x 760. I reconverted it back to 640 x 480 this time, and I still get the error.

Try starting it at 300x200 or what ever the lowest resolution is.

If that fails, run it in OpenGL. It apparently supports more resolutions that of the software mode's resolutions.

Try starting it at 300x200 or what ever the lowest resolution is.

If that fails, run it in OpenGL. It apparently supports more resolutions that of the software mode's resolutions.

When I play SRB2, its always in Open GL. I tried it in software mode as well; had the same error. I also tried 300x200, didn't work either.

Try copying this into your config.cfg.

scr_height "768"
scr_width "1024"
scr_depth "16 bits"
fullscreen "Yes"

Copy this over the appropriate slots. Hope this work or else get a fresh copy of SRB2 and try that.

I had this same problem, and nothing was fixing it, not even deleting the config like I was advised, but when I restarted my computer it went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back