Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
PsVP8.png

wUyXa.png

zomX5.png

The new sprites for Sonic are now done... Mostly. Squish sprites need a redoing, and front sprites may get more tweaking, but here you go.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/SonicNewPipeFrame.wad

This isn't a separate character, it replaces Sonic's sprites directly. Aside from drift sparks obviously not being tweaked for the new sprites (yet), what do you guys think? Iceman404 made the original sprites for the kart, but I also tweaked Sonic, so any feedback would be appreciated.

I think you should see less of his arms from the back frame, it looks unnatural and doesn't represent what the front frame does.

I can still offroad drift in sectors that combine Ice/Sludge with some other effect. Sectors that have just Ice/Sludge work like they're supposed to.

I think you should see less of his arms from the back frame, it looks unnatural and doesn't represent what the front frame does.

Ah, right, forgot to fix that. Iceman404 made the arms stick out, but it doesent match up with the other frames, and they look too long. I'll fix that up.

Oh, and I'll also fix the icons so they don't have Riders gear. When I update Amy, Rouge, and Blaze, they'll be in their normal attire. Jet and Wave however, will be equipped with their eyewear.

Last edited:
I can still offroad drift in sectors that combine Ice/Sludge with some other effect. Sectors that have just Ice/Sludge work like they're supposed to.

Adding on to this, jumping when offroad pretty much nulifies any slow down casued by it, since the karts can accelerate in mid-air.

It'd be nice (if possible) if you could prevent the Red Shells from homing in on players that are behind, despite the ranks that only change after every checkpoint; rather than it pretty much homing in on the nearest player. Quite a frequent amount of times have I unintentionally hit a player behind me in this way.

But anyway, I loving the changes and additions that this brings to kart mode so far! Keep it up man!

Last edited:
ZarroTsu, a few days ago, SpiritCrusher, Charybdits, Zipper, Iceman404, kathy, and I have decided to judge what maps should stay in D00DKart and what should go, as there are too many awful, unsalvegable maps in it. This is the list we came up with.

MAP19: Crawla Cape
MAP20: Dusty Dunes
MAP21: Azure City
MAP211: Lovely Night
MAP389: Knockout City
MAP391: Sapphire City
MAP392: Oil Ocean
MAP16: Dry Dry Desert (Unless offroading is fixed and the large offroad shortcut behind the pyramids at the end is dealt with)

Now, the issue here is that earlier in IRC, you said you would not replace ANY of these without a proper repalcement for each. However, replacing 7 to 8* maps is unnecessary. If these maps are truly terrible (and they are), there should be no choice but to blatantly remove them, replacements unrequired.

Now, I state this here for the public to see:

If you do not remove these maps from the auto-rotation and visable level select,
I demand removal of D00DKart in its entirety from SRB2 Kart.

With the obvious exception of your maps, ALL maps, sprites, scripts, and anything else would be removed. This even includes the updated versions of SRB2 Riders' maps, as not only have I personally updated all of them, Chrome has also offered permission to me, for D00DKart, to use updated versions of his maps. I don't even believe you have permission to use Blue Mountain either. Riders and R maps were also ported from their modes and modified, and thus, you lack permission for my versions of those maps as well. This would strongly cut the maps you have. A lot more than 7 or 8*.

I hope you consider removing these, as it would be rather sad to see Kart mode fixed, only for it to be broken yet again.

*There were two more maps, but I refuse to remove them.
My darling baby Retro Maze isn't going anywhere on MY watch, and I found the reasons to removing Riverside Park to be quite faulty.
EDIT: Wouldn't object to Retro Maze being taken out of autorotation and the level select, as long as it remains ingame.

Last edited:
Wouldn't object to Retro Maze being taken out of autorotation and the level select, as long as it remains ingame.

That's a good suggestion. I'm surprised we didn't think of it there. We decided on that option with a number of other maps, didn't we?

EDIT: In fact, we said that very thing about Lovely Night!

Last edited:
D00D, while I guess that you're within your rights to demand that, you're in extremely bad taste wording it in that manner, especially considering you kept refusing to do anything to Cloud Cradle and how unplayable IT was for months and months.

Hey guys, lets kick a dead horse even though D00D is making Cloud Cradle K-E the default map in the rotation.

I'm more kicking the dead horse because D00D's post seems extremely arrogant considering how stubborn he's been about his own crappy maps. SRB2PlayahFan doesn't need to post about how he wants to suck up to me and how much he hates D00D, and for that he was infracted. You can move on after that.

I'm more kicking the dead horse because D00D's post seems extremely arrogant considering how stubborn he's been about his own crappy maps.

I posted that way because despite a group of us complaining, ZarroTsu refused to take action. However, the maps are still part of D00DKart, which is mine. If I choose to take out maps because I finally realize how horrible and unfixable they are, it is still my decision. ZarroTsu may own the EXE, but he doesn't own D00DKart, and if I didn't remind him of that, I would have to prove it. These actions wern't selfish either; this was part of a group effort to sort out just what maps can stay, what maps needed fixing, and what maps needed to be removed from the rotation. ZarroTsu didn't take action, so I did. He changed his mind soon enough.

I'm aware of that, but your post just reeked of the type of attitude that we don't want to see on the forums. Imagine for a second that some person with two posts made a post like that, regardless of reasoning or context, and what your response would be. You'd push the rules of this forum as far as you thought you could get away with to tear that kid a new asshole, right?

Just because your reasoning is sound doesn't mean you should act like that. It's in bad taste. Justify your reasoning without resorting to petty threats not to invite the other kid to your birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.

It's simple. ZarroTsu is quite stubborn on what he believes is right. This is true for myself, so I knew exactly how to handle it. If I don't show just what I can do, he won't change a damn thing. We'd be stuck playing those maps that a majority of us don't like at all, simply because "they need replacements", despite the still quite LARGE amount of maps sill on display (typically, the average set of races barely goes past the halfway point on the map rotation, if even). Any replacements would either take ages, or be rushed, and thus, of horrible quality, with constant fixes, until we decide we must scrap THOSE maps, possibly causing a cycle of horrible maps that never get any better. All because ZarroTsu wouldn't have known when to know we should just simply scrap maps with no replacements.

As a result, I had to remind him that ultimately, D00DKart is an EXTENSION of SRB2 Kart, not a part of it. And that part I do indeed have ownership of. Zarro's maps, SRB2 Riders default maps and guest maps are technically not mine, but the default Riders maps have been improved to the best of my ability, even though quite a few could not be salvaged (Except Dry Dry Desert, which just needs to swap out the sandfall part with something). As for guest maps, they were provided with permission to me, not ZarroTsu, so I still hold more control over them than ZarroTsu does. ZarroTsu could have removed D00DKart himself, but he couldn't let himself do that. His maps and SRB2 Riders defaults are not enough for this mod.

SRB2 Kart was a great piece of work, but D00DKart is something else entirely. If ZarroTsu wishes to tie it into SRB2 Kart, it must abide by my call. If I wish to modify D00DKart all I like, than ZarroTsu has to comply. He has no right to say "I refuse to take out these maps without replacements", and I have the right to say "I want these maps out of the rotation", and if I don't explicitly remind him of that by force, he won't listen. He is stubborn, but I am to, and even I know when to admit defeat if I am provided good enough reason. Yes, it can often take ages for me to get to the point Cloud Cradle K-E was originally a joke until I realized just how much better it played, and my constant efforts spanning over MONTHS, trying to fix Crawla Cape and Dusty Dunes was completely worthless in the end, and I had to realize it. But ZarroTsu needed to realize that D00DKart is not just something he can take direct control of. It is still "D00D"Kart after all.

Exactly, but some people thought I was being a total ass about it, and I do admit I was. So I spoke about it. I suppose we can move on now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back