[Open Assets] Spring Spawn ability

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
This is an ability that allows you to spawn a Spring right below you. This can be used on the ground and mid-air. It can be useful for going upwards really fast or just as a little Double Jump.
srb20014.gif

I give 100% credit to 742mph for making the Spring's SOC, and this was mainly made for a character WAD that I made but can't exactly post here just yet due to it being a sprite rip. However I modified it to allow others to use it.
Not much else to say, other than the Spring itself being the same color as the player's, so there's that. Otherwise, enjoy!

To activate the ability, use the Custom Ability 1 button.

Attachments

• Spring Spawn.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
I can't seem to get this to work, it'll be a good idea to briefly include some instructions on how to use this in game because I can't figure out how to actually use the ability. Given that toss flag or the custom action buttons don't seem to make the ability work for me.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I actually quite like this ability, because even when you reduce it to its most basic elements and realize it's a fancy double jump, the fact remains that leaving springs behind could actually be quite a useful tool in co-op mode. Or a deadly speed trap in match.

I'd try to release the labyrinth sonic wad. I know that the forum rules say that no sprite rips are allowed, but I asked on the chat, and they said it's ok as long as it isn't only a sprite rip. Labyrinth Sonic includes a lua file, and plays very differently from other characters, so it might be worth a try.(Srb1 and xmas sonic got accepted too, and they are sprite rips.)

Well SRB1 and SRBX Sonic got accepted because of legacy reasons, and because they're best played in the SRB1 Remake.
However Labyrinth Sonic shows no legacy, and isn't really a community joke either, a joke WAD by the IRC, yes... but anyways I already tried putting it on the MB.
Thankfully, it's on the Skybase if you wanna download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back