romineblox0

I present you, my new level!
Annihilated City!

Save the city because of eggman's microwave!

Attachments

• srb20679.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,113
  • S_AnnihilatedCity1.0.1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,149
Last edited:
Oh, a city level, neat.
Short but intense.
I like the atmosphere.

Might wanna give a bit of a warning with the spring shooting you trough the roof, that there's a deadly drop right after, that was a bit nasty.

1.0.1 Patch.
pretty small changes but i'll mention them
Made the level more safe, especially that spring part, which roger mentioned.
Changed music file, so the game isnt confused.

Started the level. Saw a spring with a slope after it and thought "this is cool, I'll roll down it for extra speed"
fmyCP9Z.gif

And it sent me into a pit.
Then I get to this room, the shape of the room led me to think this was the way forward, and that I had to use the spring shell to bounce. Only to realize too late it wouldn't send me high enough
yGOBVJb.gif

...Why are there even spring shells here? They serve no purpose. For this level theme I suggest using enemies like Unidus, Spincushion, or Pyre Fly (Keep the BASH's, though, they do work)

Also this is too easy of a skip
hdYsBgD.gif

Wow. That's a lot of unused level space in here that you could repurpose to make progressing around this room more interesting.
DRiEw6w.gif

My suggestions: Make the directioning more obvious. Rethink enemy choice a bit. Add more texture variety, and make the stage MUCH longer (you could go ham with this one as long as you don't make it drag on. I love a stage with some meat to it. I was kinda disappointed how short this was.).

Last edited:
In principle, the level is very good. I went through your map and was impressed. As advised by the above-mentioned people, it would be necessary to work out too large areas of the map, add characteristic enemies and bother with decorative components. By the way, the vanilla game has a lot of textures on the theme of skyscrapers; you can use them so that the houses on the map are not the same. The skybox is beautiful. Music in the subject.
I think that's it. what I said will be taken into account. Thanks.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back