The Pandora topic, and porting SRB2 to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck getting any more than 60 dollars out of your PSP, unless you've got it's original packaging and a crap-load of games(maybe more than 10) to go with it. xD Even then you might be able to cover half of the Pandora's cost, excluding shipping rates. Get a job or put it on your xmas list, nobody expects to pay much for used PSPs these days.

Well....the funny thing is that when I got a psp I bought two just in case. So I have a extra one still in its packaging! XD and over 20 games!

Well. For the lucky folks who have pre-ordered a Pandora. There is now a nice surprise as in an upgrade in the internal flash memory and RAM :D. The flash memory is now 512MB and the RAM is now 256MB. The flash and RAM used to be 256MB and 128MB respectively. I am just really blown away now.

I swear, I practically started dancing in my room when I read that on the forums. I mean, when I preordered I was happy with paying what I paid for the original spec, and then they improve on that, at no additional cost to the orderer? Cakeworthy.

What is this thing...I know its a portable and reading previous posts its not coming for walk in stores.*Gamestop*

Will any developers produce games,is this thing big?

SSNTails said:
256mb RAM? Goodbye, battery life...

hahahaha. They tested that out already, AJ. According to them. If somehow, the whole RAM was used, you would lose about 1 more hour. Otherwise, they say around 30 minutes which is nothing since it lasts so long anyways.

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=45038# <-- Read the post by MWeston. That is where I got my info from. He is a main developer of the Pandora too. You can't go wrong when the info is straight from the horse's mouth, can you?

Sonict said:
You can't go wrong when the info is straight from the horse's mouth, can you?

Except you can, they'll always say battery life is better than it really is to sell their product... >_>

But developers who have gotten a dev board have already shown that running at 500mhz with an unoptimized SNES emulator will last 8.5 hours. This isn't some hype with no testing to see if that kind of life is possible. It certainly is.

O, hey guys. Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I have a good excuse....

Behold, Pandora's Box has been opened!

So, yes, the Pandora has FINALLY ARRIVED!

Further proof can be found here, here and here.

So, what are your thoughts on the Pandora, now that it's been released?
Also, who'll be the first to get one and port SRB2 to it? ;)
(Actually, I believe Pickle did a dirty port to it a while back... But I haven't see it yet.)

I, for one, and anxiously looking forward to Batch 2. :)

I'm apparently around number 550 - 650 in the pre-ordering and at the rate the team is going, I should be getting an email saying my order will be shipping before the end of this week.

The current outlook from people who own the Pandora are looking good which is nice considering how small this company is. They have good support too as well. I will be making a video of mine for sure once I get it. I suck at reviews though. Maybe Blitzzo, Boinciel, or WarpShade will be able to make a good one.

Hey, maybe SRB2 2.0.6 could be ported onto it. ...

It has a big screen. Not sure if this is an easy thing to carry around in a pocket.

Porting SRB2 would be easy.

Getting SRB2 to work with wifi now, would be harder. Unless the Pandora works like a normal laptop.

SRB2 worked, works and will work on the Pandora. It was tested on a Pandora developer system some time ago, and there were little issues with it. The only thing that could possibly not work with SRB2 on the Pandora is OpenGL, as OpenGL ES is not the full OpenGL standard, SRB2's OpenGL renderer might have to be tweaked to work properly on the Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back