Resource icon

[Open Assets] Latius in SRB2Kart! (Latius at Beta v2.0.1) 2021-03-04

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Latius

Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter
In the event I do not log in for a month and cannot be contacted, I give blanket permission for Kart Krew and their appointed staff to coordinate and approve the porting and maintenance of my SRB2Kart releases on the SRB2MB, except where stated otherwise. I reserve the right to ask for those ports to be taken down or replaced if I return. You may not edit my work to create other content (such as Original Characters or Remix Stages) unless specified.

After goodness knows how many years that I had been planning things to have (Auro) Latius in-game, I finally have gotten him in with the help of a few people into SRB2Kart!

kart0011.png

Due to Latis being very fast, with some theories saying that they can hit speeds in excess of the speed of sound, Latius is one of the fastest racers around when on their Kart, but has an average weight.

KCL_Latius - The dual colour form with the optional PP attack system. Currently at Beta 2.0.1 (Speed 9/Weight 6) - Dual Colours need sorting out before moving to Version 1.0 (as in deciding what colours to pair with what other colours) - This is considered the 'official' version

The old pack (Version 1.4.2) included the following character WADs:

KC_Auro - The base form with no Lua at all. Currently at Version 1.3 (Speed 9/Weight 5)
KC_Latios - A single colour form with just whites and the colour of the skin, and no Lua. Currently at Version 1.2 (Speed 8/Weight 4)
KC_Lati_pack - Contains both non-Lua using forms in one single WAD. Currently at Version 1.4.2 - This pack is recommended for non-Lua using servers, or servers which use just Lua gamemodes, who want both Lati forms
KCL_Latius_pack - Contains all three forms (including Latius' beta 1.2 version) in one single WAD. Currently at Version 1.4.2

Thanks to Inazuma for making the sprites, VAdaPEGA for their help on the dual colour and Latios version sprites, and Tripel the Fox / Latch for the dual colour script used in the KCL_Latius WAD.

Attachments

• kart0017.gif
    kart0017.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,276
  • kart0014.gif
    kart0014.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 769
  • kart0015.gif
    kart0015.gif
    809.3 KB · Views: 524
  • kart0016.gif
    kart0016.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 539
  • kart0007.png
    kart0007.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 620
  • KCL_Latius_Character_Pack-v1.4.2.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 457
  • KCL_Latius-b2.0.1.pk3
    875.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Patch V1.1:
KCL_Latius added, Beta 1.
KCL_Latius_pack added with 2/3 pack members included, Version 1.1

Patch V1.2:
KC_Auro and KCL_Latius_pack updated to sort out the offsets of the end sign.

Patch V1.3:
KC_Latios added along with KC_Lati_Pack and an update to KCL_Latius_pack

Patch V1.4:
Fixed offset issues in all wads.

Patch V1.4.1:
Fixed weight class of Latios.

Patch V1.4.2:
Updated KCL_Latius, fixed offset issue with KC_Auro.

Last edited:
I'm not too keen on having so many different wads in one zip, as I just know someone will take them and add everything at once without reading any descriptions or understanding how Lua scripts can impact netplay... But I guess there's not much that can be done there. Oh well, their fault for not reading, really.

As for faults in the wad itself, I find the offsets on the rotation seem... off. They just dont look lined up properly, the kart body should be consistent with other characters, regardless of the character on it. Aside from that though, the wads seem fine from my test, so welcome to releases!

Attachments

• kart0028.gif
    kart0028.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 306
Found the offset issues with the drifting, and fixed them for all three characters, and thus all five WADs are updated. Or will be shortly.

As for the former issue... Well, like you said. Still, hopefully any server owners would know better and would use just the one wad depending on which form(s) they want in.

Last edited:
More updates to the WAD, fixing a few bits like some offset issues which KC_Auro had and a PP bug with KCL_Latius which allowed PP to be transferred between rounds.

After a long, long, long time, I've finally decided to fix things. And now, Latius is in V2.0.1 and is in PK3 form!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back