Shadow's skatecolor is stored in an IO file which is loaded when you enter a game. I couldn't find any issues with Rosy or Pink, both are usable and print in console just fine.

Shadow's skatecolor is stored in an IO file which is loaded when you enter a game. I couldn't find any issues with Rosy or Pink, both are usable and print in console just fine.

Maybe my IO file go muddled up some how. It was showing as icy one time for skatecolour even though i never changed it from rosy. Perhaps when i had a netgame with friends someone did icy and it replaced mine when i rehosted?... idk. Either way, thats good to know regardless

Maybe my IO file go muddled up some how. It was showing as icy one time for skatecolour even though i never changed it from rosy. Perhaps when i had a netgame with friends someone did icy and it replaced mine when i rehosted?... idk. Either way, thats good to know regardless

to me it works perfectly, i tried all the colors and i have to say it's hard to pick one favorite.
atm i use the flame color

MT_SHADOW_BOX (for spawnobject) up up down down left right left right spin jump (for normal way) NOW MY CHILD GO BE EDGY!

Last edited:
This was not even remotely worth the hype, and tbh it never could be. It's very simple, release a mod and then slowly make it better over time, never hype anything up.

This isn't Shadow, it's a fancy Vector at best.
The homing attack (exists, which is an issue all its own) is mapped to the same button as "Chaos Snapping", and a lot of the time I found myself just homing into things (like the buttons in CE3 or the TNT in AC1&2) when I didn't even remotely want to. Now, don't get me wrong, this mod is visually and audibly very nice, but after awhile the sound effects and sprites wear off and you realize that you're playing a finicky mess. Chaos Spear is kinda cool, but you're already Super, so who gives a shit about combat? Are they supposed to be like Super Flickies? If you had some sort of meter to charge up to use Spear without the emeralds that'd be way more interesting. And where's Chaos Blast? That would be so easy to code. And as pretty as this mod is, why didn't you base Shadow off of Modern Sonic? Even the Werehog mod picked up on this, what happened lol?

I got another report that someone's skatecolor got overwritten by another player's, so I'll look into it!

This was not even remotely worth the hype, and tbh it never could be. It's very simple, release a mod and then slowly make it better over time, never hype anything up.

The homing attack (exists, which is an issue all its own) is mapped to the same button as "Chaos Snapping", and a lot of the time I found myself just homing into things (like the buttons in CE3 or the TNT in AC1&2) when I didn't even remotely want to. Now, don't get me wrong, this mod is visually and audibly very nice, but after awhile the sound effects and sprites wear off and you realize that you're playing a finicky mess. Chaos Spear is kinda cool, but you're already Super, so who gives a shit about combat? Are they supposed to be like Super Flickies? If you had some sort of meter to charge up to use Spear without the emeralds that'd be way more interesting. And where's Chaos Blast? That would be so easy to code. And as pretty as this mod is, why didn't you base Shadow off of Modern Sonic? Even the Werehog mod picked up on this, what happened lol?

Sir you sound like you could actually make a better character than this.
This WAS worth the hype, with all new features, and an even better version of chaos snap.

If it was based off of modern sonic, then it'd just be

well, modern sonic but with chaos snap.

Also, please read, chaos blast is in this character, it's just SRB2Battle exclusive.

Last edited:

so things like this is why i think some people are ungrateful, so you're complaining about the littlest things, first you said that this wasnt worth the hype ._. first of all this worth the hype if it wasnt then why does it have over 2,000 downloads and like 8 pages within like 3 days ( or 2 i dont know) and then you're saying chaos blast would be easy to code ._. i want to see you code it then and send the code to inazuma so he could put the code in the pk3, and then you want him to base it of off to existing mods tf that makes no since what so ever that would just be a modern sonic that can chaos snap just like starlight said.

As someone who is typically frowned upon for "bad criticism" in this community, I'll go ahead and enlighten you as to why you're absolutely wrong.

This mod, while not as complicated as mods like Modern Sonic, was absolutely worth the hype.

Shadow is incredibly well balanced, and I'd go as far as to say he should be a vanilla character moving forward. His moveset is satisfying and fun to use. Unless you're totally blind and cannot see the very apparent arrow pointing to objects, signalling that "Yes, you will homing attack if you press the jump button", there is no reason that you would be homing attack into things accidentally. Without hazards that could be homing attacked, such as the bombs in Deep Sea, there would be no challenge to it.

Secondly, Chaos Spear isn't meant to be useful necessarily in singleplayer. In multiplayer, however, more specifically, co-op, it shines quite brightly. You're
able to backtrack and destroy badniks, helping other players progress faster. It's especially apparent in Aerial Garden because of all the bees, which can, quite literally, spawn indefinitely until the spawners are destroyed.

Chaos Blast is in the mod, for battlemod. You need to read the thread before posting a complaint like this.

Finally, a response to "Why isn't this based on Modern Sonic?" I'd like you to keep in mind SRB2 is a classic-styled game, and that mods of the game typically follow that style. Shadow would be out of place if he was based on Modern Sonic, not to mention that Modern Sonic is absolutely broken. He can blast through levels at ridiculous speeds and has a much more complicated moveset, as opposed to SRB2's two-button system. Not to mention, Modern Sonic causes LOTS of desynchs in netgames. This is probably the weakest complaint of your entire post.

I hope that you can reflect on your criticism and improve upon it should you chose to critique anything more.

Shadow was extremely worth the hype, and is a character that I really happy to play as and get better as. To be short, he's not only stylish, but has incredibly fun gameplay that's easy to pick up and I think will be a fun challenge to master! I know SRB2 is based on the classics, but he's so fleshed out, he'd fit straight in with the main cast.

As for the long version: You nailed the custom effects!! The skates are subtle but an absolutely perfect touch, and the Chaos Snap looks gorgeous- making using it all the more fun. At first I had a habit of using my second snap to go up, but I picked up on the momentum carrying aspect quick enough to stop doing that- twas a habit from back when he thokked out of the second snap, and the fact you broke a habit like that means you made using the snap feel more calculated and badass. Hitting it flush with the ground also gives a massive speed boost when using a momentum mod and it's satisfying to land! Almost reminds me of a wavedash...
Combining the Snaps with the Homing Attack, you can go real far without touching the ground at all, and I may have challenged myself more than once to see how long a combo I can get without touching the ground- akin to how Copen's played in the Gunvolt series. It makes me wish there was an actual combo system to go with this, because it'd really compliment Shadow's gameplay! (Maybe I'll brush up on my LUA and make that combo system a thing...) But for now, his homing attacks do feel great and I like seeing how the score on beating badniks will climb like jumping on them in a row or using invincibility. Small detail, I really like how he just bumps off walls and floors when he can't hit his target rather than getting stuck or just falling, it keeps the flow going.
Chaos Spear is a fun move for multiplayer, and I lowkey wish there was a Super only boss so I can use the spears and rip said boss apart. It's nice for co-op and a godsend in Aerial Garden! Only wish I knew what charged spears were aiming for, but you toss so many it's not *really* needed. Again, love the shoe animations and subtle cues for spear's charge level- little details like that add up really well!

I cracked up badly hearing the soundclip for that damn fourth Chaos Emerald, I should have seen it coming from a mile away. There's other voice clips too that add to the experience and I don't think I've heard them all by far. Also, apparently using the Konami Code unlocks a special something, but... I've tried on controller both analog and digital, I tried on keyboard and mouse with both wasd and the arrow keys, and nothing happens. Am I simply missing a requirement for this secret? Apart from this, I'm missing a lot of secret content, aren't I? I don't wanna dig in the pk3 yet as that'd be a bit disrespectful, so mind if I get a teensy hint to one secret? Turns out I did miss something, and the code does in fact input via controller~ Also, there's something sneakily hidden afterwards! Not saying where.
Honestly, Shadow has been one of my best experiences playing a character mod and I don't think he's leaving my single player mod loadout anytime soon! You put a ton of love into this despite the hardships you faced and it was beyond worth it, don't let others get you down!! Looking forward to Inazuma!

Last edited:
Some person discovered thok surfing can be applied with shadow, the video is over here. Also whats better is the Inazuma is actually happy and amazed tech is being found.

Also unrelated but how do you make hyperlinks on the mb?

EDIT 1: I did it, I made a hyperlink. AMAZING

Last edited:

6Arw32C.png

No but seriously, shadow was worth the wait, and don't go there comparing him with Vector, Modern Sonic or whatever.

This was not even remotely worth the hype

Don't come into a release thread to say it betrayed your hype when the author actively avoided building it up - that's 100% on you. Criticizing a mod based on what you thought it'd be isn't valid criticism. Respect the artist.

Ok. I have a lot of problems with this, so obviously everyone including me is gonna complain with your "Criticism" cause....literally everything is wrong with it. First off, it being "Not worth the hype" is literally false given how many people wanted this mod way back, and look how many people downloaded it as well. Also you saying "It's a fancy vector at best" really just...makes no sense at all. I don't recall Vector teleporting around and striking poses whenever he homing attacks enemies. Also you always messing yourself up with the homing attack is entirely on you, since the game has arrows literally TELLING YOU what you will home into, and when there's nothing around, you use the chaos snap to either get to higher grounds, or speed yourself up, which is the main point in a sonic game. Also about complaining about "there being no Chaos Blast and how it's easy to code" when, first off it's, literally in the game, did you not either play with the mod enough or even bother to read the abilities? and second, if it's so easy to code, I want to see YOU code it, and then send it to Inazuma so he can put it in if you are gonna complain about it. Also, the fact you even thought that he should have based this off of modern sonic was just...bad. So basically, you complained that this mod was "Very Simple" yet you are telling him that he should've made a reskin of Modern Sonic but with Chaos Snap? Are you serious? Not to mention, SRB2 is meant to be a Classic Styled game, and not a modern one. if you want a modern shadow, then go download ShadowRE or Shadow Android if you want to complain about it. This Shadow fits well with the SRB2 style as well as with other mods, like with Silver for example. If you are gonna make a valid criticism, you really need to do better than that.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Could've gotten into more, but it was long enough

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm gonna go Monke real quick

Ok, hopefully this is the last reply because you've learned your lesson. This... really sucks to see because of how stupid it is. You're throwing around some pretty bad ideas that I can just cross off right now.

If Chaos Snapping being on the same button as Homing attack is bad, why is it good when it's on the same button as Double jump for both Modern Sonic AND Werehog? Oh wait, you said that having it at all is bad, but you also said "Base Shadow off of Werehog and Modern Sonic" BUT it's the same thing as those characters! If it's too hard to not press Jump near TNT then I don't know how you're here. And the Buttons on CEZ3... HOW do you even get stuck on them? Those are really hard to hit on my experience, and turn out to help when I need to hit the button faster.

Chaos Spear on Super means you can sit back and projectile attack instead of having to run in head first and get knockback shit. It can also be charged to glide, and iirc it's faster than spamming Chaos Snap. It CAN be useful at times. Plus, would you want absolutely nothing or something? Oh and the "Flickies" thing makes NO sense at all. Shadow has never really interacted with Flickies actually iirc.

And Chaos Blast wouldn't really be THAT useful, unless you were in a Boss fight or there's a stupid ton of enemies in the stage (but who would even design that?) and then Battle Mod has Chaos Burst, a pretty close substitute for it if you really need it. Unlike Moderm, Shadow is trying to be balanced. Funny enough, Werehog is too. Isn't that a character you said to "base Shadow off of"?

And I'll say this again, the hype was entirely YOUR fault. Inazuma did their damn best job to try and get you guys to stop, but you kept hyping it up. And NOW you realize that this isn't exactly what you wanted? Then maybe don't make false hype with their next mod. In fact, this false hype started ruining the creator themselves (discord) so I'll add double reason not to.

AND if you haven't noticed, there's a few easter eggs for you to find. So no, I bet you haven't even gotten the full experience.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back