• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

How to make metal sonic race

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is probably really simple but there is a level I wanted to try to make and I can't seem to get metal sonic to move so I want to know what I am suppose to do.

So basically, you first have to make your map. Pretty simple. Once you do, open the wad in SRB2 with the "-warp (map number)" and "-metal" parameters. This should put you on the map, ready to record a Metal Sonic replay. Once you finish the level with this, the game will close with an error message which reads something along the lines of "Replay saved as MAP##MS.lmp". Open your map in a wad editor of your choice, and put the replay lump (found in the SRB2 directory) in the wad.
Now, before you go saying it works, you'll have to start the replay within the map. This can be achieved through the use of trigger linedefs. For example, Black Core Zone 1 uses a "Level Load - Once" linedef in order to trigger the start of the race, using linedef type 440 - Start Metal Sonic Race. To get a better understanding, please read the Wiki Page here.

So basically, you first have to make your map. Pretty simple. Once you do, open the wad in SRB2 with the "-warp (map number)" and "-metal" parameters. This should put you on the map, ready to record a Metal Sonic replay. Once you finish the level with this, the game will close with an error message which reads something along the lines of "Replay saved as MAP##MS.lmp". Open your map in a wad editor of your choice, and put the replay lump (found in the SRB2 directory) in the wad.
Now, before you go saying it works, you'll have to start the replay within the map. This can be achieved through the use of trigger linedefs. For example, Black Core Zone 1 uses a "Level Load - Once" linedef in order to trigger the start of the race, using linedef type 440 - Start Metal Sonic Race. To get a better understanding, please read the Wiki Page here.
Yeah....... This just leaves me confused.

how so? they just explained everything to you.
Well my mind is a very limited one so even the simplest of explanations some times won't work for me. This stuff would be easier if I was not the one doing it but Im not allowed to ask some one else to do the job for me so not to be rude but here we are with this problem of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back