Sonic Adventure 2

Honestly, SA2 is my least favorite Sonic game. In SA1/SADX, you were given stages which give you the option to explore, while giving you the option to just straight complete it, while staying fun. Explore or go fast as Sonic, have a fun race with Sonic as Tails, and explore or find some emerald pieces as your favorite echidna boy, Knuckles. You also have Gamma, which is good for people who like both shooting things and Sonic. You also have Big, which is ok if you aren't doing the missions, but he should just be included in a seperate SEGA game. And then Amy, who is also ok, albeit not the best character. And then, you have HUB worlds. You can talk to NPCs, you can explore, you can find glitches, unused stuff, etc.
But then, you play SA2. Unfun linear stages, nerfed SA1 gameplay, less fun Gamma gameplay, nerfed radar, and too big Knuckles stages.
SA2 is my least favorite game because it didn't give me the Fast 3D Sonic I wanted. SA1/SADX offered me that well enough, while SA2 slowed Sonic down. At least it removed Amy and Big. The plot for both game was ok, but SA1/SADX's one was more memorable for me, along with its quotes (ex. Watch out, you're gonna crash, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). They both had good voice acting in my opinion. SA1/SADX also has those goofy facial expressions, lol.
Also, I wasn't really into discovering SA2 that much.

I really don't want to rant about this game because I don't want to get a strike on the forum.

I may say that the idea to put humans and make Sonic chased like a criminal a very dumb idea from Sega and the Sonic Team. The Sonic series is supposed to be on a mystical planet named Mobius, it's not San Francisco on Earth!

EDIT: actually, I want to make a take as hot as the center of the Milky Way: I blame Sonic Adventure 2 for enabling the Sonic series to go downward in the Shonen/Edgy slope where Sega tried to make Sonic more serious in a realistic world. The problem is that when you control a blue hedgehog chasing an egg-shaped evil genius with the help of coloured magic stones it just never works. This is why we got to see Shadow the Edgyhog and Sonic 2006.

Sonic Unleashed tried to give a more cartoony version of our world (with weirdly shaped Pixar-esque humans, which didn't fully work either) and then Colors "fixed" it with only being about Sonic and Tails vs Eggman/Robotnik.

Sadly it has become too cartoony with the Deadly Six (which are strangely as out of place in Sonic's universe as the humans from '06) in Lost World.

Forces tried to make it so there are only Mobians but this didn't work either with a realistic-looking city and the fact that the NPC characters looked more like Boom's Island's inhabitants than Mobians...

Finally I think that this was probably the most overrated Sonic game in the entire franchise. I am glad that this part of the series is just in the past.

Last edited:
I may say that the idea to put humans and make Sonic chased like a criminal a very dumb idea from Sega and the Sonic Team. The Sonic series is supposed to be on a mystical planet named Mobius, it's not San Francisco on Earth!

EDIT: actually, I want to make a take as hot as the center of the Milky Way: I blame Sonic Adventure 2 for enabling the Sonic series to go downward in the Shonen/Edgy slope where Sega tried to make Sonic more serious in a realistic world. The problem is that when you control a blue hedgehog chasing an egg-shaped evil genius with the help of coloured magic stones it just never works. This is why we got to see Shadow the Edgyhog and Sonic 2006.
SA1 had humans, too.

The Completionist made a review / video about it, worth checking for all of you Sonic fans and SA2 fans out there.

Link

SA1 had humans, too.
This one too but at least they didn't have a realistic look and they were basically background elements. Even Unleashed hade the good choice to make them cartoony-looking.

But overal, NPCs should've been mobians.

(not sure if this counts cuz its a bug) the only discovery ive made which ive seen noone talk about is some bug with the chao fruit, the chao fruit randomly just looked moldy, it was actually a skybox texture that was turned brown which for some reason was applied to all the fruit in my chao garden. i was so afraid to give my chao the fruit just because i thought it was actually moldy and it would harm my chao or something if i gave it to them.

also i love SA2. its my second favorite sonic game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back