• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Classic Cream (project\idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry for the broken english)

So, I think Amy deserves a team mode (like Sonic and Tails), and I think that Cream is the best for the job. And, since all the game characters have the classic design, Cream would have to be classic too. That's why I decided to create a classic design for her. Inspired by this fanart, I created my own design for her:

cream0.png
cream1.png

I tried to keep the regular Cream elements, but I wanted it to blend well with the rest of the game and the other characters, especially Amy.
I'm still unsure about her shoes tho. Help me decide between the tacky overshoes or the classy doll shoes (I think the overshoes are more realistic, but the doll shoes are more stilish)

cream2.png

My idea is that she'll be able to fly and carry Amy, but not exactly fly, but to throw her body up (like the whirlwind shield) about 6 or 7 times as she flaps her ears, and also carry amy (idk if that's possible, but if it's not, she'll just fly less than Tails). The player won't be able to control Cheese, but Cheese will attack any flying robots that come near Cream. She'll be able to spin and jump, just like Tails. Here's Cheese btw:

kejo.png

I have no experience programming, or spriting, or with pixelart for that matter, so I have no idea how I'll turn this into a mod, but I'll try.
Also, I want honest opinions about her design, the art, if I did achieve the goal of creating a classic cream, or if it looks more like a dumb fan character, if it blends well with the rest of the game, and if the concept is cool.

Also, I'm kinda looking for some help, so if anyone is interested...

This Version of the Character is fine. Just remove the Bow so you can have less strean on yourself.

I'm not really feeling the bow either, it feels like a small blemish that doesn't really add anything. The rest of the sprite details are fine otherwise.

This Version of the Character is fine. Just remove the Bow so you can have less strean on yourself.

I'm not really feeling the bow either, it feels like a small blemish that doesn't really add anything. The rest of the sprite details are fine otherwise.

Yeah, I think it will be easier to animate without the bow... I just wanted to give her some extra details (like amy's ribbon/tiara) so it doesn't look like just a regular cream with her ears up. But I guess she still has a classic-ish vibe even without the bow.

Btw, which shoe you think is better for her? Boots or doll shoes?

I like the Cream with a Classical Version of her Original Shoes because she fits with the Classic/Genesis Silver that's already on the froums.

Yeah, her concept does fit (not really a fan of the bow, though.) and most of your ideas, such as the flying, having Cheese attack enemies is possible if you ever saw Cream from SRB2 2.1 in action before. Keep up with the sprites since they look pretty good and try finishing the whole idle animation frames.
About the shoes, I'd say doll shoes would look a bit more iconic to the character design and it matches a bit more with her outfit.

Last edited:
Gotta say, despite the bow, this kinda take on a classic cream is pretty good. A few touch ups, and I think this could be perfect!

hi here are some classic cream images I support your project

Attachments

• d4lsiro-82262754-8e42-4d83-b72f-1949fab16097.png
    d4lsiro-82262754-8e42-4d83-b72f-1949fab16097.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 581
  • dcsyws7-05e9faa5-f2f4-4f47-b1fc-ae003b486c62.png
    dcsyws7-05e9faa5-f2f4-4f47-b1fc-ae003b486c62.png
    327 KB · Views: 1,378
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back