Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

So2ro

The Engineer
Add the level pack after the bomberman mod to avoid any issues

This level pack is designed specifically for Flame's bomberman mod (SRB2B).
I may add more maps from time to time, but for now you only get 3.

Verdant Grotto i wonder what this one is inspired from
srb20070.jpg

Originally made as a test map, Verdant Grotto offers a simple layout and a normal sized map.
Recommended player amount is 4-

Red Forge
srb20068.jpg

Red Volcanos's bomberman cousin, may be reworked into a team based map if(or when) the mod supports it.
recommended player amount is 4 to 6

Sunken Waters
srb20069.jpg

Easily the biggest map of the pack, Sunken Waters offers the best experience for a huge MP lobby because of its size.
Keep in mind this one may frame drop your game.
Recommended player amount is 8+

Changelog:
V1.0 - Initial release.

Credits:
Flame himself for guiding me through the mapmaking process for the mod.
Boinciel#0619 on discord for helping me find a specific opengl bug with Sunken Waters.

Attachments

• srb20057.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 308
  • srb20055.gif
    6 MB · Views: 279
  • srb20054.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 275
  • Bo_BombPack-V1.0.pk3
    3 MB · Views: 748
Last edited:
I played these maps on my own spare time.
These maps have potential! And I enjoy the direction you took with these.

If you have plans to update these maps, I have some things to note.
  • Sunken Waters and Red Forge. I personally had difficulty discerning which blocks could be destroyed with bombs and which ones couldn't. I would definitely give a different texture and floor flat. To make the ones that can be destroyed discernible from the blocks that cannot be destroyed.
  • Sunken Waters. It's big; Very big. I was not expecting a map to be made of this scale. The detail you put in this map shows and I commend you for that. However, while I did not experience this, I can see an issue trying to find players within this map and not knowing where boundaries lie for the area of the map you currently reside in. I'm not sure how you'd like to handle this, but I could see this shrunken to a single walkable area with sectioned off areas. But that's my suggestion!
  • Verdant Grotto. The basic of the bunch and works out well for what the Bomberman mod provides. Similar to the Red Forge map, I personally had difficulty discerning which blocks could be destroyed and what blocks couldn't. I would give a different texture and floor flat to the bustable blocks, or the blocks that cannot be destroyed.

Great work otherwise!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back