MotorRoach

Roach when Sonic
Sonic Team Junior
attachment.php

Flicky is very small.

Peck: Spin while standing
Flight: Double jump
Dive: Spin while mid-air (can be used to break walls, floors, AND spikes)
Shield abilities: Press spin while holding jump
  • Flicky runs a bit faster, so moving around is less of a chore.
  • Sprite offsets have been lowered so he's no longer floating over the floor when standing.
Sprites:
MotorRoach
VAdaPega

Programming:
HellHawkX
Lach

Sound effects:
Lange

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    127 KB · Views: 3,878
  • srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 2,894
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    133 KB · Views: 2,439
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,103
  • srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 2,054
  • fqtmYfn.gif
    fqtmYfn.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 30,174
  • VC_Flicky-v1.1.pk3
    215.2 KB · Views: 3,364
Last edited by a moderator:
Only 1 install after such a good character gets ported so fast? Weird.
Pretty sure the Installs counter is busted, or it's not clear about what an "Install" is supposed to be. It's better to look at the views the file says it has - 227? Yeah that's more realistic.

"Installs" is really just Favorites. The actual download count is listed next to the attachment (227 views at the time of this post).

Really good one, almost feels like a main roster character. Having a run animation is the only thing i can think of wanting. (Like how geese or chickens put their wings out when running but explicitly staying on the ground?)

Might try to draw my own edits for that.

Having a drill peck for running peck might be neat for an extra spin button attack too? (He has his dive but when using peck while running it feels a little weird for his momentum because he’s not really animated for it, if he braked hard when you did it thatd probably make the existing peck feel more natural though)

It’d be rad to have an amy and flickey mode built in where his partner action isnt the glitchy fly you get if you bot him in now. (Maybe having him dive bomb where amy is facing?)

Last edited:
How do you change the file select icon color of a custom character? I want to change it to magenta but the color is still yellow.

I generally refrain from having to release minor updates to mods in general, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what else to change about Flicky other than two issues, so... Flicky has a v1.1 release now. Now he no longer floats above his own shadow when standing still, and he got a speed buff, after the request of many.

The life monitors don't show Flicky™'s face on it. Other than that, I enjoy this character. It's interesting to play an underpowered character like this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back