• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dave's Experimental Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Premier

Team Springs' member
Oh hello there, This is begining of thread where I will put out stuff I am working on obviously. Yeah, I am not helpful am I.

I am right now working on SRB1 Remake. Yes, I know nobody asked for this. Anyway there few screenshots. (click on those to get original picture with non miniature resolution)

srb20071.png

srb20055.png

I plan to make remake with only Level themes from SRB1.
Because I heard that SRB1 was not fun, how ridicious.
Anyway I don't have much to show right now. But I will release Demo with 2 acts, when it will be ready.

Attachments

• srb20071.png
    srb20071.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 877
  • srb20055.png
    srb20055.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 813
SRB1 is not fun, though

Still those piccies look great. I think it'd work if the entire thing looked like that. a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶

Those backgrounds are incredible, I love how much depth you're pouring into them!

SRB2 Project - SRB1 Re-Thought Project 6/23/2019 Update

Pretty long overdue thanks Lach ! and GoldenHog r/woosh.

There is bit of my progress I did, actually I didn't made any progress, because I am proudly nuked entire thing few months ago. Oops

So I brought all of you screenshot and gif (Been seen on Discord Already)

hGqwEzY.png

lDIarrN.gif

I guess you won't see this project for while again on forums at least and if everything goes as in my plan you may see First Demo w/ Knothole this year.

Last edited:
What are your plans for the music?

Well I am not really sure. I will admit that I experimented with changing SRB2 Remake KBZ's Midi Instruments, but I am not really sure if I want to use those edits.

I am not really musician/composer at slightest, but I am trying to do something about it.

Man, I love the aesthetic on these!

Hey, if you want, maybe I can take a stab at the KBZ bgm? I need to get back into the groove anyway.

This looks pretty nifty. I like that it seems to take some of the thematic elements, but make it your own thing. I do have a thread that has my SRB1 remake stuff in it and others that helped with my project (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42826), but it seems like you are going a bit of a different design direction than I was (though I secretly want to see my SRB1 literal Crawla and JEV's boss redesign actually be used).

Anyway, it looks good so far!

This looks pretty nifty. I like that it seems to take some of the thematic elements, but make it your own thing. I do have a thread that has my SRB1 remake stuff in it and others that helped with my project (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42826), but it seems like you are going a bit of a different design direction than I was (though I secretly want to see my SRB1 literal Crawla and JEV's boss redesign actually be used).

Anyway, it looks good so far!

Thanks, but I already have my own Crawla sprites and I doubt that I will make all of Tech City themed levels (I will mash them together, because not only it would be boring for me to create 3 tech levels, but it is kinda repetitive.) or even Space Chase Zone, because my aim is to make it "fun" at very least.

Man, I love the aesthetic on these!

Hey, if you want, maybe I can take a stab at the KBZ bgm? I need to get back into the groove anyway.

Well, if you are willing to do it for exposure points :v, just kidding.

I'd love to cooperate with you, because I generally love your work.
( Well I guess I won't cooperate much, because I generally giving people I work with creative freedom. )

SRB2 Project - SRB1 Re-Thought Project 7/14/2019 Update

Well, to inform you I have some sweet screenshot from same skybox, you seen in previous posts.

dBDmM1O.png

Yes, cave part of skybox makes it near completion!
Skybox of course isn't only thing I have to worry about, it is level itself.

Level it self is slowly progressing, not really due to lack of motivation,
but drawing cave skybox graphics stole me some of time for level design I could use and bit demotivate me.

Last post I forgot to mention that I updated logo bit, it is not final like everything else in pack currently.

Well thanks to lovely music artist CobaltBW(Now even developer of main/vannila game! Congratulation Cobalt !)
We have brand new remix of Sonic Electronics Song( Knothole Base Zone's Background Music ).
Meanwhile I am working on bit different slowdown version for ACT2.

Last thing: Next Update log will be last one, which will contain something WIP,
from now on I only "may" release WIP visuals on any SRB2-related discord I am in
and something near completion on this SRB2 MB Thread.

That's all, "see you" hopefully soon in next update log there.​

Pretty long overdue thanks Lach ! and GoldenHog r/woosh.

There is bit of my progress I did, actually I didn't made any progress, because I am proudly nuked entire thing few months ago. Oops

So I brought all of you screenshot and gif (Been seen on Discord Already)

hGqwEzY.png

lDIarrN.gif

I guess you won't see this project for while again on forums at least and if everything goes as in my plan you may see First Demo w/ Knothole this year.

Ahh, a TRUE remake!

When this releases, I'm gonna get that PEDAL TO THE MEDAL and run through this. With Custom Stats, not as strong as Sonic's or Knuckles', to make it harder for myself >:)

...besides that, looking good!

I just want to let you know that I'm very much in love with everything you posted so far, and I can't wait to see more progress on this.

This looks really cool. I'm curious to see what you do with it.

SRB2 Project - SRB1 Re-Thought Project 7/29/2019 Update

>>>> Responce Section
@Red The Pyrohog: I wouldn't really use custom characters for my maps, but that's your choice. Enchant your experience as much you want!

@Motor Roach: Well thanks. :bacon:

@SeventhSentinel: I am interested where I lead my project too. anyway thank you for thinking it looks cool.

>>>> News Section

Hello! Ancient world of Message board. I am bringing you few news around my project.
1) You may be happy to hear that or not, considering there are lot of… eh *cough* fan-fictions *cough*. But you don’t have to worry much in my case well you do, but in different sense. Yes SRB1 Re-thought will get story sort of. I am working currently on story board.
2) I decided that “Knothole Demo” will get splitted to ACT1 and ACT2, due to feedback I like to have, so I didn't had to bother to change too much 2 maps.
3) SRB1 Re-thought will get new sub-title, well I am trying to think of something creative and something that sounds like “absolute remake” or "reboot".
4) Skybox *may* get 3rd addition.
5) Well we have to go to bit negative area of these news, I am starting to seeing that I am kind of unable to continue project not due to lack of motivation or passion. I just don’t see it doing it alone. I am making something on such large scale *again*. Either way if you really want to see continue this project you can join with me on adventure doing 30 minute experience even if you are newbie at that skill you want to improve in or you can contribute pieces. All you have to do is contact me
Remember with me you don’t have to stick to documents that I have to yet to make cleaner for you.
6) SRB1 re-thought not only due to its re-name gets even sweet new logo(wip) and welcome walkas !
Zu3Zeq4.png
wKZ0Q3j.png

- Each variant of walka will behave bit differently that's all I told you about them.

Well I guess that’s for now. I hope you will enjoy upcoming content that will drop on you as bricks out of nowhere due to submission progress of course! well see you in next post, where I may show "finished" content.​
3YTgIWw.png

Mmm im digging that Sonic 1 JP art style for that 2nd logo.

I totally understand your struggle with motivation. I wish you luck in this project

That looks amazing and by the way, I love your interpretation of the "walkas". I don't think I have something more useful to say, since I've said pretty much enough on Discord
Anyway, I hope I'll be able to play it with a decent FPS once it's finished

Last edited:
SRB2 Project - SRB1 Re-Thought Project 8/11/2019 Update

Hello online forum attacked by one, which name shouldn't be told (I think clown is best nickname for such person). Anyway that's quite off topic.
So let's talk about progress on my map as whole!
Layout of map is completed; well actually it is more than layout. Entire map is completed now.
Just there are rough edges that need to be polished and assets aren't final yet.

So here you have few screenshots from my 1 minute NOW map !
M9QcvZJ.png

yFuewZt.png

Tzau2UO.png

Well as last thing I will tell you I am taking bit of break from entire thing so,
Thank you for all of your support and see you soon at ACT1 demo release!

SRB2 Project - SRB1 Re-Thought Project 11/30/2019 Update

Oh hello, there. It has been while since I posted something there. Well 2.2 is going to release in week or so. I am probably won't be able to deliver on promised demo. It gone bit out of hand anyway.
I was planning to extend demo with fully finished Knothole Base and Forest Zone, also with extra few match maps. Currecntly I have finished only 1 match map and still in development both acts of Knothole.

In meanwhile I am developing some assets as preparation for may upcoming 2.2 OLDC.

I included some screenshots in attachments. Hopefully I will be able to deliver with next post.
(It may be subject to change, by release of 2.2 -- Also some screenshots already uses 2.2 pallete.)

Attachments

• srb20501.png
    srb20501.png
    255 KB · Views: 389
  • srb20561.png
    srb20561.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 365
  • srb20555.png
    srb20555.png
    362 KB · Views: 381
  • srb20447.png
    srb20447.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 355
  • srb20438.png
    srb20438.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 410
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back