• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

MotorRoach

Roach when Sonic
Sonic Team Junior
I'll be on a hiatus working on other things, but hey! At least Sonic is done!

3523x8y.png

112enwm.png

6f5rt1.png

Now all you have to do is wait until the version 2.2 of the game comes out~

Open source content:

My bunch of SRB2 work that will never get finished, because I'm unable to focus on these, mostly due to my tight economic situation right now. Might as well let anyone out there make use of these, so if you have the time unlike I do, go nuts with these and see how far you can take these works of mine!

sCb5xrF.png

ZvXUeK5.png
H1bjGX4.png
0mWeeyQ.png
wcF0Hrq.png
Luw1gSc.png
LNKdGCE.png
bVMTg5X.png
lp0D2Xv.png

Just Sonic character sprites in general (and Segata). If I could, I would've worked further on at least one of those, but I really don't have the time.

ZMaMwNj.png

This was intended as the super form for the gargoyle.wad. Sadly, I never got beyond these two sprites, and I wanted to make the wings animated for a decent flying animation on the first sprite.

d0Rlvki.png

BSun5OO.png

BFXkKtZ.png

Some Mario sprites, along a remade Mario Koopa Blast brick texture! And huge thanks to my friend VAdaPega, who made remade the MKB rock texture!

That's all I have for now, that's all I'll have for a while as well~

Last edited:
It feels alien to see Sonic not using his usually shitty jump-frames, bravo.

That Vector sprite is such a goddamn tease. They all look great, but that one hurts.

eeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All of those sprites are amazing I can't even. I seriously need to learn how to use anti-alias, because I'm just drowning in quality.

Making a thread just for my own stuff related to SRB2. Will be posting progress on WIPs, and from time to time, I might even make neat lil' sprites just for your pretty eyes and open source reasons.

Current work:

3523x8y.png

112enwm.png

6f5rt1.png

Many people were expecting I'd do either Sonic or Tails after finishing Knuckles. Well, no way I'll do Tails, that will be Iceman404's job. But hey, Sonic is getting a revamp after all! Not that far on progress yet, but it's halfway there. I'll try to post progress in here as I get things done, but be wary that it'll be quite slow, as SRB2 is not the only thing I work with.

Open source:

2lnwtgj.png

f01yrr.png
imp1k5.png
alj9dl.png
ncfsaq.png
214zjhk.png
bi6p8m.png

Do you love to sprite? Like creating new characters for SRB2? Me too! If I had all the time and patience, I would make so many new addons for the game, mostly a good part of these characters... but sadly, that isn't the case. Got yourself some free time? Good! This stuff is all for you people to use! You all have my permission to use these and start out something, now go and make Papa Roach proud!

That's all for now, might update this post whenever I think of what else to put in here.

Yes. YES! I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY THESE SPRITES LOOK BEAUTIFUL!
Seriously. Great work. And that BEAUTIFUL looking Sonic... I NEED HIM SO BADLY
And those sprites are awesome too. Hey if you are making Muscles the Echidna you should make Sticks :P
It is very ironic since I was going to start an SRB2 Boom level pack.
Also, I hope your Sonic and Iceman404's Tails replace the vanilla Sonic & Tails in SRB2 2.2 or 2.1.9 :P

Now I have a big reason to keep on coming to the forums :P

Last edited:
Open source:

2lnwtgj.png

f01yrr.png
imp1k5.png
alj9dl.png
ncfsaq.png
214zjhk.png
bi6p8m.png

As much as your sprite-work is undoubtably amazing in general, there are some things that look off about this section of sprites:

* I'm pretty sure Bean's beak is supposed to be a bit more pointy at the front; perhaps trim off the bottom of the beak at the front a bit and that'll probably fix it?
* Mighty's shell is really bugging me too, might be how the top of the shell is almost as tall as the top of the ears? Lower that thing down a bit maybe.
* Lastly Knuckles' (Buffles') stance there doesn't look particularly symmetrical, if you understand what I mean by that - his right arm seems to be angled towards the front, his left towards the back. I don't know if this is intentional or not, so please excuse me if it is.

Fixed, fixed, and fixed.

By the way, Speedwagon asked me to help out on fixing up the running animation for his Shadow, so I took a bit of my time to make it all fine.

Original:
2cpsr3t.gif

Fixed up:
qxqb93.gif

(Yes, I had to get rid of his fingers, sadly. It wouldn't go with the game's sprite style too well)

Shadow the Nubhog. I still prefer Speed's sprites however but your work is still equally as great.

(Yes, I had to get rid of his fingers, sadly. It wouldn't go with the game's sprite style too well)

Doesn't Sonic visibly have fingers in some of his sprites? Anyhow, you seem to have reduced Shadow's hands to white blobs - not even any thumbs? That looks really weird. Certainly improved the animation otherwise though.

It looks familiar to me... hum.

It's one of the robot character choices from Sonic Riders. I forget the names exactly.

I love everything here, save the chaotix characters. I don't know, they look odd for me. But the rest is beautiful :o. I love the improved shadow, however I prefer it when the hands were present.

20101107205531!E-10000B.png

Also, the only time Sonic has fingers in his frames are in the falling frames (which is extremely inconsistent, because he doesn't has them anywhere else in his animations).

Oh yeah, those exist. Still, it feels so awkward for me how his hands go from white blobs to suddenly having fingers, and I thought it would be too weird if Shadow also suddenly got fingers when he started running.

What about them having... mini-fingers? You know, for balance sake. It does not have blobs, but they don't get to be actual fingers.

Last edited:
Sonic CD's opening and ending did a similar thing, where in some scenes Sonic had very visible fingers, while in others he had spheres for hands. I think it worked out pretty well there, but it might be just me.

I don't know what happened to my comment, so here is something again:
I like the sprites, they are like the perfect mix of the old pixeled look and the normal shading which is used in the other srb2 sprites, the pixels here add nice extra detail which makes them look even better. I don't know what you did to the E whatevernumber robot but it looks more like a robot for some reason.

Shadows skating sprites look a bit better now, now they look more like classic shadow(the old ones were too big and it looked like a modern version of shadow) but I liked the hands on it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back