Mondongo

This is the first map I decided to finish, a one-act zone featuring original brown textures and music.

Changelog
V1.0
- Original Release

V1.5
- Fixed the 256 brightness problem
- Fixed a bottomless pit near the end
- Added a new texture
- Added rings to better guide the player
- Added a flame shield in the Amy/Fang section
- Modified the crusher section after the first checkpoint

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    56 KB · Views: 784
  • 002.png
    002.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 730
  • 003.png
    003.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 622
  • VS_WoodyTorture-v1.5.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 999
Last edited:
The atmosphere combined with the music made me feel so many emotions at once.

Welcome to Releases!

Really cool stage! I like the maze-style level, with switches and stuff. And the concept of a wood (castle, I think?) with waving leafs and darkened areas is really original. I just recommend you to add little visual cues, like windows or slightly different textures, its easy to get lost. Rather than that, is an awesome first level <3

Last edited:
I really like layout in this level, and woody textures used. Looking cool dude. Keep doing more levels
and create a act 2. :)

This is really good, especially for your first level. So many newbies fall into the trapping of making massive, flat, boring fields of non-threatening crawlas and buzzes. This, on the other hand, is actually engaging and fun. Only thing I can really suggest is to use more enemies. There were a lot of areas where nothing was really going on, I think it would serve you well to get a little less restricted with enemy placement.

Just played through this, really fun. I appreciated that every move required some effort - there were no simple, free jumps. And a good variety of obstacles - whether it involved jumping off a slope, timing against moving geometry, finding higher ground to make a jump that's just out of reach, it stayed engaging. The kind of level where I spent a lot of time exploring and didn't even realize that nearly twelve minutes had passed by the time I got to the end.

256 light level moment :P
(you should probably fix this, 255 is the max)

Attachments

• srb20633.gif
    srb20633.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 252

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back