Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I've also updated this mod, woo!
This is mainly just a bugfix update, as such your previous version of mmt_settings will work just fine with this, no need to update that.

Most notable fix is that supertrail FINALLY works properly with characters that have a followitem (e.g. tails or metal sonic). Also tailsball no longer works on player bots, meaning Sonic & Tails in singleplayer can work once more.

Do note: The next version of MMT will only work in v2.2.1 of SRB2, whenever that comes out! This update was meant to coincide with it, buuuut I don't know when that's coming out now, so oh well!

As it is right now, the drop dash is entirely useless. It's no faster then your top running speed (or just slightly faster) so you're better off either just running or thokking... Since it's harder to use then the thok, i reccomend making it so that the dropdash has more power then the thok, to make it actually useful.

This may be a bug, I'm not sure. When using recurl after hovering with Metal Sonic, he can't attack enemies or bosses and just takes a hit even while being in ball form. He also can't break monitors by doing this. I'm not sure if it's intentional but it's something I noticed. Knuckles can recurl after his glide to attack enemies and it works so I thought something might be up.

It works with Metal Sonic when recurling after a spring however and hits enemies just fine, it's only when it's used after hovering.

I tried this out on a fresh install of the game with MMT as the only addon loaded to make sure there was nothing affecting it and it yielded the same result.

Note: I tested this with the current version and the one just before it and it's the same.

Last edited:
Alright, just to set this all straight, the next update will be released when SRB2 v2.2.1 releases! With that...

All the problems below should be addressed in one way or another in the next update.

As it is right now, the drop dash is entirely useless ... Since it's harder to use then the thok, i reccomend making it so that the dropdash has more power then the thok, to make it actually useful.

There is an arithmetic error from the fix about not earning a free continue in NiGHTS stages.

When using recurl after hovering with Metal Sonic, he can't attack enemies or bosses and just takes a hit even while being in ball form.

oh whoops i was asleep for when 2.2.1 released

But I'm awake now, so new update time! What was initially meant to be v3.1.1 turned into v4.0 because I added and fixed so much stuff. A new tweak is supershield, something that was surprisingly difficult to implement. All it does it create a fake shield object over the player for when they turn super/invincible, just becuz I always found it weird how that doesn't render over the player :p

Dropdash has been buffed once more, now being a tiiiny bit faster than thokking, orderpizza now responds to the size command (try xl for insta-death), tailsball has been given a unique sound effect, and a lot more, check the changelog for more info!

Don't know if it's me, but there is an error when completing a level as any character in the Super form while you know that you have "superhover" disabled. It spawns another warning error.

New update time, for SRB2 v2.2.2!
Not much changed here, but I did include two of the new features that v2.2.2 has, which...has gotta be more than a coincidence considering it's use case :p

Anyways, most important change is that I hopefully fixed the reported issue on drop dash causing resynch issues, have not been able to reproduce it myself tho.

Last edited:
The scorecontinues command is still not fixed in 4.1. In fact, it results in the lack of earning a continue with score. With the command enabled, completing the level will display an error message and no continue is earned. Also (in present versions of this mod, not earlier ones), something conflicts with the flag "SF_SUPER". If you have it enabled for a character who originally couldn't go Super (like Tails, for example), it will no longer say "X can now become Super X" in the results screen, regardless if everysuper was enabled or not. I understand if you want to wait for another update of SRB2 (potentially v2.2.3) to fix these, but I'm just putting these out there to let you know.

Last edited:
Suggestion: knuxball
Like tailsball, allows knuckles to recurl after a glide... even though this behavior is already possible by just using recurl after gliding.
Many people are unhappy with the crouch Knuckles does when gliding, and would prefer the Sonic Adventure 1 glide, where Knuckles goes into a ball when you stop gliding, there is no crouch, and you can re-glide after cancelling a glide as many times as you want to.
Frostkiin would especially like this addition.

It could maybe have multiple options like tailsball does.
limited for not being able to multiglide, manual to force the player to use a button. These are kinda lame options... uh... idk maybe something akin to tailsball options.

Last edited:
Whenever someone joins my server, it keeps giving me an error, which also forces people to leave sometime. Why does this happen?

Attachments

• srb20073.jpg
    srb20073.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 222
<toggleafk> is always on in multiplayer. It keeps saying to enter command <toggleafk off> to continue and it doesn't work (v4.1).

Good news, I'm not dead!

v5.0 is released, the major change here being the inclusion of Lua I/O functions to save settings without the need of the mmt_settings.lua file anymore!

The code is a giant mess, and it creates a bunch of files (in it's own folder, don't worry), but it works, so who am I to complain about my own code?

There's also been a few bugfixes here and there, to help improve overall system stability.

I think you should still try to fix scorecontinues. It still has that message where it says it can only be used in a level. And also, some commands like recurl and supershield only enable/disable when the command is typed in-game. It cannot be configured otherwise.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back