VID_Error: Mode not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cog

help.jpg

Cause of this?

Edit: Alright, I'm guessing it's the resolution since it works on windowed mode, but that's stupid. It worked in 640x480 resolution back then.

Last edited:
Then download another srb2 version or Fix the Hardware into your screen just like when i did and it works, exept from my old computer.

Last edited:
If I just do the default resolution, it'll give that "Out of Range" screen, so I would change it to a resolution that would work which is 640x480. It doesn't work now, so...

I want to play in full screen and not windowed. Do you know how to fix this?
Or "Fix the Hardware into your screen"? How do I do this?

Uh, windowed mode has to be triggered by the -win parameter. For full screen, if the default resolution doesn't work for you, you can go into config.cfg manually and change it. Find the following lines and just change them to the numbers you need:

scr_height "1200"
scr_width "1920"

The default resolution for SRB2 is 640x400, and generally the game works best if you stick to a multiple of 320x200, so if your screen supports it, try 960x600 or 1280x800 if 640x400 doesn't work.

Or "Fix the Hardware into your screen"? How do I do this?
Your guess is as good as mine. I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

Are you trying to use Open GL? I know that the current ports have problems starting up in 640 x 400 with Open GL. Just try editing the configuration like mystic said. You might want to try your desktop resolution and change it to a green resolution in SRB2's in game menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back