2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
srb2jesus.jpg

LAST TIME, ON #SRB2FUN...

<XSpeedGodX> https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=741164#post741164 <-- WAIT WAIT WAIT...WHAT?
<Torgo> huh
<XSpeedGodX> 2.1.x?
<XSpeedGodX> Does that mean 2.1 will be released before the oldc?
<Prime_2> It's delayed, actually
<XSpeedGodX> Swear to god
<Prime_2> No joke, it really is
<Prime_2> it's a dick move, and we apologize for sending the wrong message with the re-opening of the OLDC.
<Prime_2> It just turns out that we couldn't stick to our original schedule of releasing 2.1 when it's done... we have to wait for about 2 weeks or so until after it's done to release, as it turns out
<Prime_2> by the way, 2.1 is coming out in 2 weeks
<XSpeedGodX> I guess I'll enter the oldc if time permits
<XSpeedGodX> Wait, seriously Prime_2 ?
<MrMystery> oh you cockteases
<RosyPie> ...wait what
<Torgo> FINAL DEMO
<RosyPie> HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY EDITION.
<XSpeedGodX> I'm going to save that text
<MrMystery> final destination
<Badz> I mostly wonder why you'd need a 2 week delay
<Prime_2> testing
<Mystic> The game is "done"
<Mystic> We have to test it

<Torgo> Does 2.1 work better in win8?
<Mystic> for a given definition of "work"
<Mystic> Not any better, no
<Prime_2> You have options though
<Prime_2> 720p windowed mode sidesteps some of windows 8's issues
<Torgo> 720p windowed?
<Iceman404> This is the FIRST time you've kept up to your 'it'll be out soon' word
<Torgo> whaaaaaaaaaaa
<Iceman404> I HOPE it's out when you say it will be :V
<MrMystery> huh?
<Prime_2> Yeah, we've had that for a while now
<Iceman404> Because I'm very proud right now
<MrMystery> I thought it was just 3x windowed?
<Torgo> yeah probably
<MrMystery> ok then
<XSpeedGodX> Should we start map making now
<XSpeedGodX> ?
<XSpeedGodX> Or wait until 2.1 is released for the new features
<Prime_2> well it's off of 720p in the weird way that SRB2 generally is in resolutions, but yeah
<Torgo> man
<Prime_2> maps are fairly easy to port, just some gravflip stuff and linedefs that reference sounds, sprites, and states have to be changed, along with swapping out upsidedown springs/spikes for gravflipped spikes/springs
<Prime_2> IIRC
<MrMystery> so that's it then? 2 weeks?
<Mystic> plus or minus a week, yeah, MrMystery

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

EDIT: Info on emblems! http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=741224&postcount=37

Discuss.

Last edited:
Jesus, I thought 2.1 would always just be on the horizon. Haha, these days don't happen very often, now, do they? I love how old this game is, and I love YOU SRB2 developers!

Can't wait. I'm really looking forward to the new single player maps. I'll edit this post later and add more content.

(Unfortunately I'm fairly busy at the moment, but still had to post because 2.1)

EDIT1: Oh, and thanks for working so hard to make this happen you guys. You devs are amazing people.

I know I don't have as much of a right to be happy about this as those of you who have been waiting since the day you got bored of 2.0.x, but hooray! New levels, new features, even an entirely new way to modify the game! I don't even have to port anything except Great Divide Act 1 (and maybe Storm Swamp) because nothing else I've made is good enough to be worth it! :D

EDIT: Speaking of Great Divide, have you guys gotten around to fixing the bug with A_ZThrust yet? I'd hate for GD Sonic to be stuck with that awkward not-thok until 2.2. It's alright if you haven't, it's just that the bug has some (occasionally) serious consequences for movement SOCs.

Last edited:
This is totally me right now alongside one person who could really care less about 2.1:
7idaS

©2014 Piggybank12

But in all seriousness, I can't really describe on how excited I am right now. I will be looking forward to the next two weeks.

Oh god it's happening.
New emblems and skyboxes, here I come!
But mostly new emblems.

Hooray new emblems!

Oh man, I can't wait until I get my claws into the skybox feature! And the improvements to the SOC system are going to make my SOCcing a lot faster and easier!

Thanks SRB2 team! You guys deserve a medal!

(btw, have polyobjects not showing flats been fixed yet? or is that not happening?)

Time to prep my Hyper cam as soon I'll have a new set of special stages to add to my series.

YES!!!! Finally!!!! The skyboxes, emblems, recording mode, new record attack, new slime, new shields, new lua and more! they are finally coming! thank you guys, you made my year!

EDIT: Speaking of Great Divide, have you guys gotten around to fixing the bug with A_ZThrust yet? I'd hate for GD Sonic to be stuck with that awkward not-thok until 2.2. It's alright if you haven't, it's just that the bug has some (occasionally) serious consequences for movement SOCs.
Even if they haven't, you'll be able to "fix" it yourself with Lua (i.e. making your own action that's a copy of A_ZThrust with the bug in question fixed).

I hope there is a way to convert files from 2.0.7 to 2.1 other than manually.
As Prime_2 mentioned in the IRC discussion that's quoted in the opening post, you really don't have to do a lot of converting, so I doubt a conversion tool will be necessary.

2.1? Man, how cool is that! I want to see that update for sure!

I only let this two words before i end:

COOL UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back