• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 SkyWars Match/Ctf Level Pack (With JETS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

That2rb2DUDE

Pro Splatoon 2 Player
Started a new Srb2 project last week with Spinsnazo and Rocky where you are able to fly JETS!
So far we have created 5 Levels and our aim is to make 5 Ctf and 5 Match levels. (We might make more but I'm not sure about it.)

Some Gameplay of one space themed level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGfadXVV9Bs - Level with no name.
Before you say the Sprites are to big in this we have made them smaller now D:

Some short previews and progression of some levels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH7jAm9Mp34 - Spinz Level "Broken Moon" (Match Level)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BeH1X7pM4 - Spinz Level "Galaxy Garden" (Match Level)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFyRT89NRR4 - My Level "Skyfall City" (CTF Level)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVN-tbNjCY - Spinz Level "Sea Fortress" (Match Level)

*WARNING*
There are a ton of pictures in the spoiler below.

The title screen pretty decent.

Smaller map made by Spinz. Levels called "Broken moon"

This was my Space themed map which works pretty well with sudden death. It doesn't have a name yet.

This level is called Galaxy Garden made by Spinz again very nice map if I say so myself.

Last 2 Ctf maps that were made by me.

This one is called Arid Fortress (Some a few may already played this before.............yes I know it looks a bit like Dusty Barracks from 21mult but a guy can get inspiration right? lol)

You got your jets ready to fly on the run ways in the ctf maps

And the other map by me called Elemental Sanctuary which is VERY BIG with this place you would want to use your jets. By the way with the ctf maps you don't have to use the jets mainly because the jets are just a lot of Things just on top of each other.

Sorry that there hasn't been much said about the screen shots, the bottom line is that we're making a unique level pack that is progressing quite fast and it shall be coming soon.

Last edited:
This is really great work, the levels look like they're going be awesome to battle in. As for the jets...
[SONICCOLORS]OUSTANDING!!![/SONICCOLORS]
They look like they suit the gameplay for those space themed levels.

Looks freaking badass, dude. :3
I can see this going a long way if it's done right.
*Shudders at your profile picture*

This new way to play Match is cool. I've never seen it done before. The only minus to this project is the jet sprite is ugly. I would at least make the jet have a SRB2 look or even a Sonic look to it. Just looking at it reminds me of Star Wars for some odd reason. Also, how are Capture the Flag stages going to work? I feel like they won't work very well, but who knows?

Actually larztard, the CTF stages that I at least tested, they work actually very well. It is pretty much the same. Capture the flag and then to go back to your base with the enemy's flag, just ride in jet in the way back.

But there is still a long way to go. So far, I think it's going pretty damn good.

how are Capture the Flag stages going to work?

Yeah exactly what Rocky said. Its the original Ctf style with jets. You may need to use them to get to places where not even any of the characters could get to with out it. Plus its pretty cool because you'll most likely run in to one of those mini jet fights where your trying to get the flag back.

I'm thinking of making a map where it will be jet only however I don't think that would work out well. We will try out just to see if its decent or not.

I think the jets would look better with the rocket sprites from sadx/sa2b. And maybe a smoketrail could come of the jets to make it more jet-like.

The levels give me great thoughts, since they're looking different from other maps. Most of the things here are on the positive side, but, like larztard says, the jets' sprites seem ugly. But it's okay if you wouldn't change them.

Overall though, this is really good.

*Almost Finished update*

Sup guys just wanted to let you know that we've made some new maps and I would just like you to show you some images of them.

It would help us and you if you can tell us if you like the look of the maps and also if possible comment if we could do something better to a section.

Blitzing Volcano Zone (Match)

By the way I've placed the rail rings in the hardest places possible because they are quite over powered in this mod.

SkyFall City Zone (CTF)

A lift to the sky ;)

This is were the lift takes you I haven't put anything in there yet but that is soon to come.

This is not the blue base.

Long way down. x_x
Those pieces of wood on the street they're there for people to duck down for cover. I probably will replace it with something else.

Resort Base Zone (CTF) (Good name yes, no, idk?)

srb2win2013-06-0518-53-29-92_zps8e4fa34e.jpg

Sea Fortress Zone (Match) - Spinz level
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVN-tbNjCY

So we pretty much only need to make 1 or 2 more CTF maps and then we're done. After we release we will refine .

Those CTF maps look challenging and the designs look like they took a lot of effort to be made that way although I am upset with the thok barriers wall texture on "Blitzing Volcano Zone", it seems a bit off (IMO). Those maps look huge from the screenshots so I hope I don't get lost.

I am upset with the thok barriers wall texture on "Blitzing Volcano Zone", it seems a bit off (IMO).

I totally agree with you there mate, I'm not quite sure how I could make it seem less odd but one thing I could do is make the map less box-e and maybe change the textures.

Those maps look huge from the screenshots so I hope I don't get lost.

They are big but they are pretty straight forward so hopefully you will know where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back