• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level pack collab revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Does anyone remember that collaborative level pack that never came to be? No? Well I do and I'm not letting the level concepts go down the drain! Basically, I'm going to try and make all the levels from the collab, plus Black Water Zone because I made the music for it.

2cmksac.png

2416l9v.png

Oil Ocean-inspired fire-jet-platform thingy for BWZ.

2vbu3ki.png

I haven't gotten very far with this level yet. Textures not quite finalized.

11jbwiq.png

(ignore the tall strip of wall over the tunnel)
2mwv7mp.png

353bbrp.png

A couple screenshots of Honeyhive Zone Act 1. You can see some of the new textures such as the honeycombs (ripped straight from Donkey Kong Country 2) and orange mushrooms quite easily here. The GFZ flowers are placeholders and I'll probably replace them with custom scenery.

Enjoy the screenshots. Or not.

Cool. If you make this good enough, I will gladly add Gravity Garden (which I still have been working on actually) as a part of this.

On another note, that honeyhive is so ugly and brown. It doesn't even look beelike at all. I'm liking the look of Black Water though, even though it is nothing like my original picture in mind.

Last edited:
Cool. If you make this good enough, I will gladly add Gravity Garden (which I still have been working on actually) as a part of this.

On another note, that honeyhive is so ugly and brown. It doesn't even look beelike at all. I'm liking the look of Black Water though, even though it is nothing like my original picture in mind.
I wasn't quite sure what color would look good for Honeyhive so I went with brown. Would yellow or green (or both) work better?

If I may, my opinion is that you should have yellow AND green. It will give more color to the level instead of only being brown all over the place.

I like how Black Waters looks, but I say it should be darker. I'd suggest using a cloudy or nighttime sky and using darker textures for those rocks.
Also, just like I said with the previous collab, I'd happily help with anything SOC.

Big thumbs up from me for not letting these awesome level concepts die. I'm curious to see what you will make of them.

Last edited:
2qd4rhc.png

Less boring textures for Honeyhive. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with these, however.

EDIT: Also I just noticed that the tree trunks blend in too much with the yellow walls. That will be remedied right away.

Hm. Honeyhive needs a lot of work. I'll see about working on some custom textures for it. Also, I have a honeyhive beta. I'll touch it up a little bit and use it as an example here.

...Why is Honey Hive so dark and rainy? The music doesn't fit that mood at all. In my opinion, you should REALLY change the sky to the GFZ sky, or at-least something less gloomy.

EDIT: On a less critical note, I'm glad you're bringing this back. I sure hope some other map ideas get produced as well.

Last edited:
2vkb0vr.png

Some kind of weird custom enemy. It's supposed to aim at the player, lock in place and shoot a stream of fire in that direction, but it didn't turn out very well. I need to mess around with it until it's not as annoying to fight. Ignore the placeholder crawla graphics.

28arh1t.png

The sky in Honeyhive cleared up. Hopefully it doesn't look as dreary as it did before!

2lb13kn.png

Just started working on Zany Ziggurat. The sky is a placeholder made from this photo, and I'll make a similar, better one to replace it.

Last edited:
Ors said:
That looks great. Could fire crawlas have a custom texture?

EvilEnternity3000 said:
Ignore the placeholder crawla graphics.

Well, yes, they will.
Also, any idea of when you release a kind of a beta? Feasting our eyes sure can't be the only reason you posted it here and I'd preferably like to play it.

2qd4rhc.png

Less boring textures for Honeyhive. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with these, however.

EDIT: Also I just noticed that the tree trunks blend in too much with the yellow walls. That will be remedied right away.

Is that one of my custom enemies in that screenshot? If it is, I'm glad they're finally being of use somewhere.

You brought back the old SP Collab project that never got anywhere? Nice. Somewhat curious especially as to how you'll manage Haunted House Zone/Eerie Fortress Zone/whatever-it's-called-now. Otherwise good luck with working on that, yeah. =)

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the results of this. Figured that the old SP collab project ideas would resurface eventually.

*dusts off thread*

I'm not letting this thing die twice! Anyways, I'm starting to make the badniks for each zone, based off my old concept art, of course.

317e0pw.png

You can see very unfinished bits and pieces of the Cryonic City snowman, the Cloudy Domain tornado thing and the Zany Ziggurat worm.

6oga9u.png

More progress has been made on ZZZ1. Now with working custom scenery! The SRB1 enemies in the distance are placeholders for the worm badniks, which should more or less act the same, except less harmless.

Never use the DSZ zone textures for ruins. Those are such ugly textures, I don't know why everyone has to throw them in their level. Use the DMAWALL bricks for a much better effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back