• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Magical Dimensions Zone (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea. I will apply the pools of lava into the level like you said KO.T.E and put lava under a floating FOF. That way it will look like the lava is keeping the plataform at surface.

I don't know if this is a good idea but please tell me what do you think.

I am loving doing this level.

Or you could use the Floating/Bobbing FOF type and have it automatically float to the surface of the water block.

Rocky said:
I am loving doing this level.
This makes me really happy to read. It's good to see enthusiasm. ^_^

But yes, that sounds like a fine idea. But like 742mph said, keep an eye out for other FOF's, like the bobbing ones. Those are nice because they float on top of water or lava, making for good floating platforms.

Ok, thanks ^_^.

I'm looking forward to finish this level very soon.

Perhaps in 2 weeks. I am thinking to start a new level right after I finish this one, so I'm kinda getting into this thing of level designing.

Floating/Bobbing FOF, how can I do that correctly?

It is the same as a normal FOF, but put linedef action 160 instead..
and how do you know that your project is really 85%?

Last edited:
I don't. I just assume that is 85% because of the progress of the level.

And thanks for the help about the Floating/Bobbing FOF.

I was a little busy lately, sorry.
Anyway ... between the icy part and the fire part, I feel I have the same composition.
A path that goes straight and near, waterfalls.

I want to see the difference between water and fire, eh ? The fire has a dangerous and tight gameplay. The water / ice has a slippery gameplay, vast, and rather sweet.

I'll wait for the download to give you a better preview.

One last thing. I, too, some times ago, wrote the percentage rate of the progression of my projects in my signature. But you will realize that projects change dramatically over the creation and it is hard to predict when they will be successful.

I guess you are right.

I will soon show screenshots of my progrees on the lava dimension.
I have to still put all of the FOF's on the ice dimension slippery so it is going to take a little longer that I thought.

I guess you are right.

I will soon show screenshots of my progrees on the lava dimension.
I have to still put all of the FOF's on the ice dimension slippery so it is going to take a little longer that I thought.

That shouldn't be too hard. Just use the Find tool to find all the linedefs with type 100 or 102 and tag their sectors to your Floor Friction linedef (make sure all of the sectors have the Ice/Sludge special.)

You not heard of any updates because I'm sick.

I have a medical problem in my eye and I am trying to take care of my mom and grandma.

But tomorrow I will continue doing this no matter what. I don't want to let you people down.

(Off-Topic - Yes it is hawk.)

This level Magical Dimensions Zone I will continue to do it tomorrow morning.

Don't worry guys, like I said, I will not leave this project.

Updates coming soon...

I have updates. (Finally)

The lava dimension is almost done. Sorry that I took SO LONG.

After the lava dimension, the teleporter will take me to the real world.(Perhaps, a grassy area with normal sky and with the finish).

Now that I'm really back, I will try to see if this level can make it into releases section.

No screenshots yet because lately the screenshots are getting buggy but whatever.

Give me at least 2 weeks to finish the level and to put the download link in this thread.

Last edited:
You have to be more specific. And if you wanna test it or something PM me and I will say something.

This looks interesting, I'm gonna wait for download then try it out.

Well time for me to ask again. How is this map doing so far dear Rocky?

It has been some time since the last time you said anything about this map. So hearing about it will be very lovely to know.

I want to make a level to...

I want to make a level too but my doom builder is with problems.
when I try open the doom builder it stops working at the same time

Last edited:
I want to make a level to but my doom builder is with problems.
when I try open the doom builder it stops working at the same time
*Off Topic* If you have any problems with Doom Builder go to editing help or the wiki to get you started. Now on to buisness.

At first, I thought this project was going to be another wad. that has alot of errors, cheap gimmicks, and not-so-good level design. I have been subscribed to this thread for a long time now and I like how things are turning out. No errors (so far), no not-so-good level desgin, but the only thing that bugs me still is the themes. Snow, grass, sand? I kinda don't see anything magical about that. =/

First to answer Aries, The map is complete. In 2 days or 3, it will have a download link.

And Larztard, They are magical because they are in dimensions. Also, they are in the sky. But still, thanks for the nice comments. That really motivates me.

(Is going to take 2 days or 3 because I want to see if the level has some bugs or errors.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back