Palmtree Panic Zone 2D: s_palmtreepanic.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Here's the first 2D level to really take advantage of the SRB2 engine. It's a level themed off of Palmtree Panic Zone from Sonic CD. I hope that this sets an example for everyone else's 2D levels in terms of scenery.

srb20160.png

Download!
Mirror 1

FEATURES
  • Custom textures and flats
    Ant enemies
    Custom shield
    Scenery from Palmtree Panic
    Sound effects!
    Music: Level music, speed shoes, invincibility, and Act Clear.
    Custom design

Special thanks to Neo for providing the .OGG versions of the music, to Senku for providing high-quality sound effects, and to Flame for the SOC.

Attachments

• s_palmtreepanic.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • s_palmtreepanic.wad
    1.9 MB · Views: 373
Last edited:
I fully support this level release since its better then 90% of the crap in these forums...

Oh, heck yes. I like the use on outside scenery, custom textures, resprited enemies, and wonderful use of 2D Mode. That is all.

Edit: Ew, color codes. I removed them.

Very good use of scenery, and multiple paths in a 2d mode, something SRB1 Remake lacks. A very solid level.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Awesome map, now write up that 2D tutorial. XP
I won't have time for that. I'm leaving for Winnipeg in less than a day, and unless I feel like wasting my whole trip by pointing and clicking with the Wii Remote, I won't bother until a while after I get back.

I was gonna make Palmtree Panic after my Christmas wad. Anyway, this is better than what I could do! It looks awesome, but why did the spikes do that?

YES. DLing...

EDIT: After some Super High Intensity Training, I got through the level in 26 seconds. (And, when I did that, I had gotten stuck on one of the springs, adding about 5 seconds, thus meaning I could get around 21 seconds with some more Super High Intensity Training)

Nice. I will say it's better in 3D, despite make-shift item placement.

However, I've played this before, a LONG time ago. Care to enlighten me?

This level was nice, it was a great change from the average level you'll find here. It played nicely.

However, this level also shows how one should not decorate a level. It was way too lacking in scenery as a whole. Some flowers alone would have definitely added to the visual quality of this. As it stands, it's brown and green with no break. Fix that, and this would be a good level.

This is a great level, Boinciel. We're finally starting to get our grips with 2D mode, it looks like. Just a bit more refining detail wise, and it will be an awesome level.

This is just awesome for a 2D map. The only thing I didn't like was the jump sound.

Scenery!

Scenery = PRETTY! *Spit drops from mouth*
Errors = I'm invincible against spikes!

Rating: 10/10 for scenery and awesome-ness!
I love this level!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back