Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

Have you people been experiencing nothing but losses in For Glory? I have, and I think I need to practice!

On the contrary, I've been schooling scrubs for the most part. Every once in a while I'll get to play against someone who really knows what they're doing and we'll go roughly 1:1 (or they'll be winning), but most players I can take care of pretty effortlessly. I need to get some 1v1s against Iceman going again, I don't feel like FG is doing me any justice anymore.

On a related note, I've been playing Samus a lot more recently and enjoying continuously nailing people with charge shots.

I certainly get good and bad moments on there. I still get pissed off by the constant wavedashing-projectile spamming tactic by most Samus and Link players.
>wavedashing
...that's not a thing in this game

If you guys are talking about Smash 4, he probably means players spamming the aerial dodge.

Larztard hits the nail on the head. That was what I meant by. Could of swore it was a term for something. Nevermind. I forgot to mention in the earlier post about constant rolling dodging as well. People abuse that to hell till sudden death.

Does anyone else think that the Duck Hunt Duo (PAL version of the name) has a potential spot for being a high tier character? though he's my 3rd main, I was watching a friend of mine who uses the character as his main, play against a few people online and he has hardly ever lost as him apart from maybe 2 matches. The different offense and defence strategies you can use to master the duo is crazy. Looks like it's all about the clay and the cans...and the odd gunshot.

Last edited:
Yeah, if there was one thing I would change about Smash 4, I think it would be adding a frame or two of lag after roll-dodging. While it's definitely punishable, I think it's too forgiving of an option at the moment.

Could of swore it was a term for something.

Wave dashing is when you air dodge diagonally into the ground to give your character some quick sliding momentum. It's only applicable in Melee / Project: M due to its air dodge mechanics, Brawl and Sm4sh intentionally removed it.

Does anyone else think that the Duck Hunt Duo (PAL version of the name) has a potential spot for being a high tier character?

I'm not sure. IIRC Duck Hunt is just particularly good against characters that have trouble getting through his wall of projectiles, but some faster and higher tier characters can pressure through it. Basically the same problem as most ranged characters. His close quarters game is decent enough though.

Does anyone else think that the Duck Hunt Duo (PAL version of the name) has a potential spot for being a high tier character?

No. Duck Hunt is a very good character, but certain characters who know what they're doing can mercilessly beat Duck Hunt.

Saw this a while ago. Very glad they're moving forward with the concept of custommove-legal tournaments.

Oh hey, it's the guy who did the Rayman hoax. Nice stuff.

Also, I would pay for Shovel Knight DLC, holy shit.

Smash DLC update on the site (Mii Fighter Costume DLC, Mewtwo, and Lucas), Mewtwo has his own character page on the site with the video but Lucas' video was on the direct. Lucas will be out in June.
fighter_2.jpg

fighter_1.jpg

Ohhh mannnn! the thrusters would detonate if this was to happen. I was kinda hoping Shantae would of been an original newcomer to begin with, but I would absolutely love it if she did make it as DLC. A character like her has a lot of potential as a smash fighter. I'm interested to see what other choices there are, but I reckon this could be a strong contender for one of the spots.

Last edited:
Surprised he responded so openly. You don't really ever see that. I don't like MS consoles, but in times like congratulating Sony on TLOU and now this makes them seem... well, pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back