Resource icon

Heavy Corks 1.1 (Free-Aim Fang)

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
Heavy Corks

This mod essentially reworks how Fang's ability works:
Instead of using SPIN to shoot at the closest shootable, or weakly straight away at nothing, this allows Fang to use TOSS RING to shoot corks.
Just pick any direction and Fang will shoot at full force towards that direction!
Not only that, but you can shoot in mid-air and without a cooldown!

However, this also adds the concept of ammo, not to mention you lose the ability to home into enemies...
Also Fang can throw bombs now.

Controls:

TOSS RING shoots corks.
Holding SPIN will allow you to "charge" a bomb. Tapping it will drop the bomb at your feet, while holding it for half a second and then releasing will throw it forwards. It goes even further the faster you are moving!

You start Co-op (or Singleplayer) with 2 corks and 1 bomb. Collect more corks and bombs by destroying enemies and monitors.
Monitors yield double the loot, while 1-up monitors multiply it eightfold!

After shooting them, corks are dropped in place and you can pick them back up.

Bombs aren't powerful enough to destroy things in their vicinity, but they pack such a punch that things around it are sent flying, including yourself!
Cracked walls might get destroyed, though...

Competitive gametypes multiply even more the amount of potential ammo gained by breaking boxes.

Variables and commands:

hc_infiniteammo <on|off>:
Default: Off
Toggles infinite ammo.
Useful if you want to free-aim without limitations lol

hc_cork|hc_bomb|hc_void <int>:
Defaults: 5, 3, 9
Sets the chances for this pickup to appear when the script tries to spawn a pickup. Void means "no pickup".
For example, the default values indicate that if you rolled a random number between 1 and 5+3+9 (17), there's a 9/17 chance you'd get nothing.

hc_hyperbombs <0|1|2>:
Default: 0 (JustBreakables)
Changes what kind of FOFs can the bomb destroy.
Setting 0 (JustBreakables) only destroys bustable FOFs.
Setting 1 (BreakAllSolids) allows the bomb to destroy any solid FOF.
Setting 2 (BreakAllFOFs) allows the bomb to destroy even intangible FOFs! Careful, this may cause massive lag.

hc_fullauto <on|off>:
Default: Off
Toggles whether Fang can shoot corks by just holding the fire button.

setammoall <corks> <bombs>:
Sets everyone's amount of ammo of each kind.

Inspired by Heavy Bullets and wanting to shoot at any direction.

Attachments

• srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,449
  • VL_HeavyCorks-v1.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 673
  • VL_HeavyCorks-v1-1.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
I'm actually perfectly fine with how Fang currently controls, but after seeing that third vid I just had to try Heavy Corks out with infinite bombs. And man, those bombs are... something else. It's not enough to push the signpost outside the map, or send horizontal springs into space, but it can explode the steam leaks right off the tubes in THZ. It's hilarious and fun but there definitely needs to be some sort of limit.

I'm actually perfectly fine with how Fang currently controls, but after seeing that third vid I just had to try Heavy Corks out with infinite bombs. And man, those bombs are... something else. It's not enough to push the signpost outside the map, or send horizontal springs into space, but it can explode the steam leaks right off the tubes in THZ. It's hilarious and fun but there definitely needs to be some sort of limit.
No, you definitely can, in a Co-op server I was in someone managed to bomb the RVZ signpost on TOP of the spaceship making the level unbeatable as anyone but tails. You're also screwed if you happen to bomb a boss so much as to make it clip outside the arena and softlock the fight.

While it would probably be a bit too advanced to program a possible solution could be despawning any mislocated objects after a few seconds and then returning them to their original location

Yes, you can, that's what I meant to say, sorry if it wasn't clear. When I noticed I could send the GFZ trees flying with the bombs, I immediately went to try it on the exit signpost xD
Had no idea you could clip the bosses out of bounds, though. I have to try that next.

I have not looked at how Heavy Corks's code works but maybe it's possible to have a list of objects the bombs CAN'T push.

Sorry this update took a long time - I kind of lost motivation on updating or even releasing things, but I felt that since this is just a small update I might as well push it now.

Version 1.1 brings a new feature: Fang's bombs can now destroy shatter FOFs! All of them. Even knuckles only ones.

It also brings a couple of cvars to play with (full auto and hyperbomb), and adds extra interactions with objects, such as blue spheres and tokens so they don't just fly away from you or phase through the map into nowhereland, and steam jets so they just don't move at all.
Also adds captions to all sounds used.
As an experiment, it also makes Fang use his shooting stance, though it may look weird while moving.

That's about it.
Have fun!

Can I borrow this mod's code to help develop mine?
A while after your reply here, you pinged me on Discord, so I answered you there.
For the record, the answer boils down to "No: The code here is overcomplicated for a specific purpose, therefore I can't allow you to use it".

Good luck with your mod though!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back