• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

‼LOST* HOPERS* FROM* HERE* ON* OUT‼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lliteqiel ꙮ

Oh, What a Flopnik!
‼LOST* HOPERS* FROM* HERE* ON* OUT‼

This thread will show the eventual progress of my mixes/remasters of the SRB2 midis, all dealing with soundfonts. Credit goes to those who made the midis, if I knew who all of those were.

I welcome you to make suggestions for what to improve on, by all means.

Previews of some tracks:
Greenflower Zone Act 1
Special 5 - Dusty Wasteland Zone
Character Selection

Dark City Zone Act 2
Untitled 6

COMING NEXT VERSION: SRB1 REMAKE

tohomusicbeta-SP.wad - The initial release. This wad only has Touhou remasters of the miscellaneous tunes and the Single Player campaign. Many of these midis don't sound remotely Touhou-like, so many of the tracks won't sound like something from a modern Touhou game. I gave it a shot anyways, just to entertain myself.

tohomusicbeta-SP-v1.1.wad - I figured some of these mixes needed some desperate instrument changing, so I went ahead and tried to make them sound better, in theory. The Super Sonic theme was deemed unfixable to me, though, and since it's a placeholder track anyways, for now, it's temporarily a remix of a certain shrine maiden's theme. (I'm sure I'll have something permanent for the final release, hopefully)

tohomusicbeta-SP-v1.2.wad - Removes the replaced Super Sonic theme to have just the normal track.

tohomusicbeta-v2.wad - The bigger and (subjectively) better version of this thing. Secret levels, special stages, and secret special stage, now Touhou'd! The first three zones' music also have now been given finer tuning, so give a listen in the previews! also more zunpets for a more accurate representation of touhou music as a whole lol

Now, all of this is far from release-worthy, and I have a lot of things to get accomplished since school started, but I will try to do things like loop the music, in any possible free time I have, assuming I'm not lazy with it. If this one day gets perfected for releases, I WILL have to optimize it all the way down just to meet the file size limit... but these will all be ogg files, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Last edited:
Previews uploaded, finally. I think it might be a better idea to post ALL of what I made so far, but I'll do so once I have reasonable time to spare.

Last edited:
I actually wanted to go light on the trumpets to fit the themes more, though that could change once I do the multiplayer and remaining tunes. Oh, that could change.

Played through the first three zones with this pack. Greenflower Zone just sounds... different. Not bad or good, but not as enjoyable as the original tracks. Techno Hill sounds really bad; major changes to the instruments used are required. Deep Sea Act 1 probably fared the best, since not all that much was changed. If you tweaked the melody to make it not exactly the same as Act 1, it could be a very good "Act 3" theme.

Played through the first three zones with this pack. Greenflower Zone just sounds... different. Not bad or good, but not as enjoyable as the original tracks. Techno Hill sounds really bad; major changes to the instruments used are required. Deep Sea Act 1 probably fared the best, since not all that much was changed. If you tweaked the melody to make it not exactly the same as Act 1, it could be a very good "Act 3" theme.

Yeah, admittedly both Techno Hill acts aren't the best of my works, as I attempted to do something less industrial-themed and more... wide and grandiose? No idea, honestly. I'll try and fix the other ones to make them sound somewhat differentish, if I can.

Alrighty then, time for a sweep clean. After several time-wasting hours of pure rendering 'cause of volume issues, the new version of tohomusicbeta, version 2, is now available! Complete with some new pieces, less distortion (hopefully), and trumpets everywhere! You know you love it~

I think I'm in a mood of doing my takes on things. Just so happens to include my vision on a second act of Dark City Zone, or something like it. This is really just something for practice, I suspect.

Dark City Zone Act 2

Pretty shady music there. You did a pretty good job at capturing the feeling of the original DCZ song.

x10 better than the DCZ2 midi I found in Demo 3 (which is just a very, very slight variation of act 1). Feels on par with SRB2's music!

Remastered one of the untitled themes that Arrow made for Emerald Quest, and added a bongos track to give it more depth. I honestly think this would be a better Verdant Forest theme, simply because I'm not too big on the current. Not sure where else this could fit in SRB2, though.

Untitled 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back