Multiplayer: Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are already more than enough topics over 2.1 match and the future of 2.2 match. It's kinda pointless for a new one now.

A match is a tool for starting a fire. Typically, modern matches are made of small wooden sticks or stiff paper. One end is coated with a material that can be ignited by frictional heat generated by striking the match against a suitable surface. Wooden matches are packaged in matchboxes, and paper matches are partially cut into rows and stapled into matchbooks. The coated end of a match, known as the match "head", contains either phosphorus or phosphorus sesquisulfide as the active ingredient and gelatin as a binder. There are two main types of matches: safety matches, which can be struck only against a specially prepared surface, and strike-anywhere matches, for which any suitably frictional surface can be used. Some match-like compositions, known as electric matches, are ignited electrically and do not make use of heat from friction.

A match is a tool for starting a fire. Typically, modern matches are made of small wooden sticks or stiff paper. One end is coated with a material that can be ignited by frictional heat generated by striking the match against a suitable surface. Wooden matches are packaged in matchboxes, and paper matches are partially cut into rows and stapled into matchbooks. The coated end of a match, known as the match "head", contains either phosphorus or phosphorus sesquisulfide as the active ingredient and gelatin as a binder. There are two main types of matches: safety matches, which can be struck only against a specially prepared surface, and strike-anywhere matches, for which any suitably frictional surface can be used. Some match-like compositions, known as electric matches, are ignited electrically and do not make use of heat from friction.
That's not what match is :O

I play match often with Alice

I die horrendously because I'm totally good at it-- I use Sonic like everyone else but sometimes I'll get risque and use Knuckles instead. Infinity ring is otp
oh yeah also half my deaths are me falling off the side of the stage, Knuckles included

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of about you thinking Match is stupid is that you probably hate shooters, Just a guess.

Match is only really there because it's a part of Doom.

Also, this topic is far too open-ended. What about match do you want to talk about?

Projectile based gametype with Thokfest the Hedgehog. Be host and use rails as win condition.

Match does have quite a learning curve to it, but once you have learned the layout of the maps and got used to the projectile based mechanics and thought up some good strategies; it's a really fun time (especially with a lot of players).

But it's not for everyone.

Serious inquiry: If I scheduled a date where we'd all get together and play 1.09's match/marathon halfway decent contest wads, how many people would join me for that? I could write an entire essay about how 2.0 ruined match (and I WILL), but I'd like to make sure I'm not wearing rose-tinted shades first. Do it for the ring combos and coronas.

Last edited:
Serious inquiry: If I scheduled a date where we'd all get together and play 1.09's match/marathon halfway decent contest wads, how many people would join me for that? I could write an entire essay about how 2.0 ruined match (and I WILL), but I'd like to make sure I'm not wearing rose-tinted shades first. Do it for the ring combos and coronas.

I love the idea but we are pretty much scattered across the world so thats a flaw

My timezone is EST, I'm available from about 4PM to 2AM and I'll be free from the 16th all the way through to February. I only need about 5 players that can definitely commit for 3 hours or longer. US players preferred since there's no point to doing this with lag. Also I have like 0 experience hosting, so if anyone with a solid connection wants to take over there, that'd be great

Last edited:
US players preferred

Oh too bad I live in germany but I really want to play 1.09.4 match too. I only got the chace with the JTE bots wich are stubbornly stupid and boring after a while.

My timezone is EST, I'm available from about 4PM to 2AM

Then I will only have time somewhere in the Christmas holidays because in my Timezone its from 12PM 10AM

Abut hosting: I could do that but again I live in germany so...

About wads: I only have some character wads for 1.09.4 and thats it. So I need to get my hands on these contest wads first.
off topic: I really want Mystic Realm for 1.09.4 :<

I'm usually available at 6pm, GMT pretty much everyday. I can host but i dunno if my server is stable :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back