• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do just one level, but you're technically allowed. I will not promise that they'll be back-to-back in the hub if you submit more than one, though.

If you make more than one I'm gonna be way more picky about it following the rules though. While I'm happy that you're mapping, I really want people to do just one level for this, but I'll accept it if there's no problems.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to make this, but the final map is going to be a private collaboration and not chosen from a public submission, sorry. You can still enter it, it just won't be the finale.

EDIT: Actually I can't accept this because it's for Super Sonic and thus not beatable as Tails or Knuckles. And its music is twice as large as I'll allow OGGs to be.

Last edited:
Updated Sunset Ruins with bugfixes that, hopefully makes the map beatable for all characters. (I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.)

P.S: To get the wad, you have to go to the previous post I made on this thread. .-.

Updated Sunset Ruins with bugfixes that, hopefully makes the map beatable for all characters. (I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.)

P.S: To get the wad, you have to go to the previous post I made on this thread. .-.
Map's beatable now, only impassable lines I could find are at the end and to either side. the middle line is now passable so the level is at least now beatable.

There are still weird visual glitches popping up in a few places, though one actually almost adds to the level. Based on that one, why not consider adding some windows in that area?
srb20217_1.png

Oh I did unfortunately encounter a crash on the map right where the bars are. I believe the reason is because of a classic Crossing linedefs bug. To help with the problem, and a few others I have Highlighted a few spots.

improved.png

Since you have changed lava types you need to know the at the new lava doesn't have solid walls. Players can still get under the lava at the end of the stage. I'd recommend either putting in some springs, or make the floor below the lava a death pit.

I just noticed a problem I didn't catch earlier, you have no way for sonic to get out of the goop at the second auto turret.

ok, I'll try to make the way that exist at the goop at the second auto turret to be more visible...

Code:
Download: -Attached-
Title: Robotnik Labratory Act 1 & 2
Credits: Me for the maps and the boss, S3&K for the boss sprites, Strike for addon textures for the level, the music in act 2 from "Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2" (VERESUS METAL SONIC), The music in act 1 from "Sonic Adventure" (FINAL EGG).
Maintainer Notes: Didn't test in software at all...

Here, I fixed

Attachments

• sc_robotniklabratory.rar
    5.2 MB · Views: 140
got some screens with a few more bits of criticism

srb20227_1.png

This area still needs fixing as it has a sector so small, it might as well be overlapping linedefs.

srb20230.png

I can see the badniks through the skybox here

srb20207.png

I think you intended for the robot to be on the platform, you can set how high up the things are by changing the height value.

srb20205.png

srb20206.png

Some how this area got the wrong texture.

srb20213.png

this end of the hallway would be visually better if the walls at either side were set up like the other end.

srb20232_1.png

I think something happened to this pillar's textures.

Thanks for the bug reports, Glaber. I've fixed what I can. Wad's been updated in the same place as usual.

EDIT: Another update released. This finally fixes the zoomtube and has a new secret addition, can you find it? (Without using ZB or SLADE? .-.)

Last edited:
It seems like they're just huge flat sectors areas. So big that the third screenshot even shows a visual error.

Let's be real here, you're trying to work on way too much things, and you end up rushing everything. Your output work has a lot of issues, is generally flat with not much to do, and in general isn't so good. You should really try spending more time on ONE thing and put actual quality in it, because right now, your entries for the contest here are pretty much Atari; quantity over quality, and that's not good, at least IMO, hell, one of them even has a blatant spelling error in its name, lol.

Last edited:
It seems like they're just huge flat sectors areas. So big that the third screenshot even shows a visual error.

Let's be real here, you're trying to work on way too much things, and you end up rushing everything. Your output work has a lot of issues, is generally flat with not much to do, and in general isn't so good. You should really try spending more time on ONE thing and put actual quality in it, because right now, your entries for the contest here are pretty much Atari; quantity over quality, and that's not good, at least IMO, hell, one of them even has a blatant spelling error in its name, lol.

Oh, so you right...

srb20000.png

real level upload hours, who up clik like

In all seriousness though, I felt like doing this short...weird snowy level I guess? It's dumb and easy, but I really needed an excuse to use more Neptunia music. 3/9 on the difficulty scale perhaps? Enjoy!

Code:
Download: Attached, but have a dropbox link too: [url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39649613/scr_cuteice.zip[/url]
Title: Cute Ice
Credits: Music is REMNANT from Megadimension Neptunia Victory II
Maintainer Notes: help I pressed post early

Attachments

• scr_cuteice.zip
    551.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I'd say your stage is more like a 5 or 6.

This isn't a contest, it's a community project. Now I don't know if you're talking about Sunset ruins, the post really doesn't sound like it, but if you were responding to a different level, its post is gone and makes it look like you talking about Sunset ruins now.

I'd say your stage is more like a 5 or 6.

This isn't a contest, it's a community project. Now I don't know if you're talking about Sunset ruins, the post really doesn't sound like it, but if you were responding to a different level, its post is gone and makes it look like you talking about Sunset ruins now.

It was about Manimi's special stages screenshots, but he deleted them because they weren't good enough.

Please tell me you will use Sonic 3 PC's Carnival Night Zone theme... It would fit the theme so nicely for such a level. The FOF slopes kinda disoriented me a small bit, but I guess that's a glitch that 2.1.15 has. I would rate it a 4-5 so far.

I'm just wondering, I've got a map that's in a very playable state, however since I am restricted to a Mac that cannot run software mode with an emulator and unable to use Zone Builder, I could not edit the map itself.
Would it still be possible to submit such a level with those handicaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back