[Open Assets] Mac Tonight! (OUTDATED) v1.3

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

B. Comet

Fun is still infinite.
THIS MOD IS OUTDATED, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION IN THE COMETCHARS PACK
iAmQ2JK.png

Funny thing is, I only made him because someone told me to make it myself after something I said in the SRB2 Kart Discord. And... after one month of work, here is my very first character for it! And my first ever, well, attempt to sprite something.
I think I can make his sprite better looking in the future (in a distant one) but for now, I think it's good enough.

Give him a try and ENJOY YOURSELF as you attempt to reach the finish line.​

For those who don't know, Mac Tonight is a old Mc'Donalds mascot, introduced in 1986, which got somewhat popular again because of the Vaporwave aesthetics and music involving him in past years. His voice clips reflects that.

Source of his voice clips:

Saint Pepsi - Mac Tonight
Saint Pepsi - Better
Saint Pepsi - Enjoy Yourself
Michael Jackson - Off the Wall (Slowed Down and Acapella versions)

Thanks to the Kart Krew Discord Server for the sprite feedback and discussions.
Special Thanks to AozoraJustin for feedback, Tiniest Turtles for flattering me and HattyBoyo (He knows why).

Attachments

• kart0003.png
    kart0003.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,223
  • kart0026.gif
    kart0026.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,102
  • kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 2,329
  • kart0028.gif
    kart0028.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 673
  • kart0029.gif
    kart0029.gif
    4 MB · Views: 732
  • KC_MacTonight_v1.3.pk3
    689.1 KB · Views: 561
  • kart0001.gif
    kart0001.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 535
Last edited:
As I let this into releases, I need to stress something for all other users...

Aside from the character, this has nothing to do with a certain other subculture surrounding said character. Anything about this other subculture and what it is about will not be tolerated here. Don't even mention it. I have no tolerance for tht kind of thing.

That being said, welcome to releases!. However, his small player icon has no visual indicator for color as far as I can tell, making it completely impossible to tell which player is which. I recomend finding a way to show players' colors somehow.

I had an Idea to fix that color issue, I might be doing that today even.

Updated!
YRaMWBL.png

Now his small icon has colors! In the best way I could find, since coloring his head would look strange and I wanted to keep his sunglasses black.

Also fixed a problem that created some white pixels below him in his shaking sprites, now everything should be fine.

Last edited:
Very minor update. (v1.2)
- Changed his "slow" voice line, as the previous one was confusing to hear and was too long.
- Fixed one of the hurt sprite rotations being positioned too far up, making a bit of his head to be cut off.

That is it.

Last edited:
V1.3 Update!
~
UHC0mLn.jpg

Nothing too exciting really, just a quality of life update because I wanted to do it.

- As you can see in the image, now the background on his signpost changes colors! I felt it still needed a extra flare, and it also helps to discern players from each other too.
- His head was slightly edited to get smaller and to resemble the original Mac Tonight better. Now it looks less like a stock moon model. All the rest of his sprites also got very minor touch up's.
- The Player icons were updated to get a colored checkered background, which is miles better from the old one (inspired by Tyonic chars).
- Both his "hurt2" and "slow" sounds were changed to completely new ones from another source, since the old "slow" was kinda... shitty to be honest, and the "hurt2" was identical to "hurt1".

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back