• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.
...then I don't really get the point of your post, to be honest. First you say he is a clone, then you say you don't love him even if he isn't a clone. I don't get what that has to do with this WAD, or why does it even matters.
It doesn't matter at all, but if it did matter, it would matter because I was referring to a guy saying "yay not a sonic clone", and I was just saying "honestly I like Shadow as a Sonic clone the most", then people went "why do you hate non-Sonic-clone Shadow", then I replied with "I don't, I just prefer him as a Sonic clone", and that caused people to go "why do you hate Shadow if not a Sonic clone", even though I stated I have nothing against non-Sonic-clone Shadow. It's possible to not love something even though not having anything against that thing, while preferring a different thing as well.

TL;DR: People. (That term includes me, too.)

I'm not making Shadow a sonic clone.
And I respect that. I was just stating my honest preferred moveset for Shadow is a Sonic clone, in response to another guy stating they were happy this Shadow is not a Sonic clone. I was not saying I really hoped this would be a Sonic clone. As I literally typed in the first message here about this: "- but I'm not one to decide on this stuff. I think it's great a really awesome-looking Shadow is being made, no matter his moveset." Here "this stuff" being the moveset.

Shadowisgoingtobereleasedwithinthenextfewweeks.gif

Shadow said:
WHO AM I?

Sorry for double post. Just thought I'd drop this off here. I'm actually very very close to finishing Shadow.

Sorry for double post. Just thought I'd drop this off here. I'm actually very very close to finishing Shadow.

I have a question, how are the jumping sprites and spinning sprites different? Usually they're the same sprites, was it LUA that was able to do this or is it something I don't know about?

EDIT: I just looked at Roach's thread :/

Last edited:
Pretty sure his abilities are still kind of WIP, since he didn't use them in this video.

Is it just me, or do the spindash-charging sprites not look quite as shiny as they should compared to MotorRoach's Sonic's version? Also, it seems odd that they don't contain any trace of the red on top of Shadow's quills, and the effect of a major part of his color scheme just disappearing like that is kind of jarring. The rest of the sprites look great, though.

This might be a bit late, but I just watched the Shadow playthrough of Clock Towers. For the sake of sufficient contrast I think the bright spot on the spindash (the part that whirls around to give the illusion of rolling in place really quickly) should be the same red as his spine markings, and that the SPINITEM should be set to nil while charging it up. Mostly because a little jellybean shape inside a round aura is weird. If you've already made these changes, nowt to worry about- just my two cents. (EDIT: heh, 742mph had these same criticisms. Well, I back 'em up too, then.)

On the whole, though, I'm pretty hype for this. A new character WAD with the same consistency and care put in as MotorRoach's pair of main character revamps and Blade's Metal Sonic. Good job! c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back