Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with this is that they came out with another planned Sonic game just as they're still working on Sonic 4. I had hoped they would have learned not to pop a sonic game out every couple of months or so but now that they have this, we're just going to go back on the crappy-yet eye appealing game development plan. I ONLY hope that it will be better than unleashed and not as linear.

In any case, new game lacking information = pointless speculation and possibilities of how it will be developed.

Did anyone compare SMG2 with Super Mario Bros. NES?

Do pardon me, but this is a bad analogy. SMG2 and SMB are strikingly different games, yet the thing they have in common is that they're fun and encourage multiple playthroughs.

Sonic 2 versus Sonic Unleashed is a different matter. Sonic Unleashed might be okay, but it certainly has glaring problems, the Wii version in particular having some clunky control mechanisms as well as sheer linearity and repetition, which discourage me from going back to the game in the future.

People's judgements on past Sonic games are warranted, because they have varied in quality. Their suggestions on what the next Sonic game needs to be tends to completely miss the mark, mind, but it's been obvious for a while that something is missing from games, either from a gameplay or artistic viewpoint.

I.. don't get it.

Anyways, I have a feeling the DS version is going to be better. Or just a sloppy rushed version.

Do pardon me, but this is a bad analogy. SMG2 and SMB are strikingly different games, yet the thing they have in common is that they're fun and encourage multiple playthroughs.

Sonic 2 versus Sonic Unleashed is a different matter. Sonic Unleashed might be okay, but it certainly has glaring problems, the Wii version in particular having some clunky control mechanisms as well as sheer linearity and repetition, which discourage me from going back to the game in the future.

People's judgements on past Sonic games are warranted, because they have varied in quality. Their suggestions on what the next Sonic game needs to be tends to completely miss the mark, mind, but it's been obvious for a while that something is missing from games, either from a gameplay or artistic viewpoint.

You seem to miss my point. Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 2 are completely different. No one. NO ONE. Compared SMG2 with SMBNES. Whereas, everyone compared Sonic Unleashed to the classics. I'm not talking about the specific game companies. You're saying because SMB and SMG2 are two different games they shouldn't be compared, do the same for these Sonic games, try something different. If I wasn't mistaken, the reviews for nearly all these games were good not much was too bad in these games, but you still stab it because you can't let go of the past like the Mario fans did. They've accepted this is the new generation but everyone's saying that Sonic's 1990s games are the new generation when it obviously isn't. The software's hardware is there for a reason, not to be dumbed down.

You seem to miss my point. Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 2 are completely different. No one. NO ONE. Compared SMG2 with SMBNES. Whereas, everyone compared Sonic Unleashed to the classics. I'm not talking about the specific game companies. You're saying because SMB and SMG2 are two different games they shouldn't be compared, do the same for these Sonic games, try something different. If I wasn't mistaken, the reviews for nearly all these games were good not much was too bad in these games, but you still stab it because you can't let go of the past like the Mario fans did. They've accepted this is the new generation but everyone's saying that Sonic's 1990s games are the new generation when it obviously isn't. The software's hardware is there for a reason, not to be dumbed down.

I agree on some points. Expanding on that last bit about the "new generation", I think most sonic fans are people who were introduced to the series at a young age and seem to want to draw parallels between those games they played when they were young and the most recent games. You can't really say people didn't compare SMG2 and SMB and assume it's an appropriate assumption, there are plenty of games in different series that are compared to it's predecessors(Sorry if I'm trailing off a bit, Can't think straight at the moment).

I'm going to quote one of the few intelligent comments I saw on that page.
Honestly, I’m glad. Kids deserve good games, and more kids into Sonic is always good.
My main hope is that the developers realize what so many fans don’t: that ‘for kids’ does not mean ‘lack of quality’. Or even ‘no appeal for adults at all’.

A lot of people are already saying its ********.(Article)

Oh well, I loved the storybook games. So I'll probably like this too.

Hmm. The comparisons to Galaxy are pretty moot, if you ask me. The little alien things that supposedly give you powers like drilling into the ground are kind of similar, but it ends there. That, and Galaxy (1 or 2) shits on any Sonic game made in the past 15 years, easily.

Autosaver, you also have to think about recent trends. For example Sonic 4 is to Sonic games what NSMBW is to Mario games. What I mean is, Mario "went back to his roots" in a "new 2.5D adventure" which is the exact same thing Sonic 4 seems to be doing. And now Mario Galaxy 2 just got released and Sonic Colors is also using a space motif. I'm not saying they're ripping Nintendo off, I'm just saying it seems that they're looking at what has been popular in recent Mario games and are trying to bank off those games success. That's why I think people are comparing Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors. Not because the games themselves are similar, but because Sonic Colors is also playing up the space motif and is being released in a relatively short time-span in relation to Mario Galaxy 2. Not to mention the fact that the Sonic Colors trailer came out 3 days after Mario Galaxy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back