• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daaaaammnnnnnn toaster!
This is magnifiscent. I love about everything about it (the pink damnit <3 ).

What color is that Tails next to the Teal Fucking Sonic even? I'd say Rosewood but I'm not really sure, it looks like all new to me...

The internal name for it is "fire", although hell knows what the skincolour would be called if it got in- which it's unlikely to do. it was a fun test by MI that got scuttled once before, and I revived it mostly because it looks awesome.

Also, woops- I tried my best to show off in that image that I was actively adding a bunch of colour ranges and not just merely re-toning some of them, but I forgot to put the current pink in (which is still alive, by the way, because it's used in a bunch of textures). That Metal Sonic's colour range is actually called "rosy".

Last edited:
jfxZVSz.png

I can't wait to see my new palette in 2.2!

These colors look pretty useful for custom characters. Is dark blue returning? Also I would like to see a blue purple color, because I was thinking one day that I would work on big the cat.

Last edited:
These colors look pretty useful for custom characters. Is dark blue returning? Also I would like to see a blue purple color, because I was thinking one day that I would work on big the cat.

Look at the Sonic on the far left. He's the exact color you're looking for.

Either way, it's the closest we'll probably get to a Big the Cat palette.

It also highly reminds me of Espio's purple tone in Knuckles Chaotix, which is really cool.

Did the yellow palette had been polish a bit? It seems it doesn't have a greenish color on the contrast.

Dark blue doesn't currently exist, mostly because it was in 2.0 and taken out for 2.1 (so I assume it's a Match balance thing).

The purple on the far left was considered "royal purple" before the current purple was renamed to magenta, and was designed with the express purpose of being usable for Big the Cat because I'm a goddamn nerd. Lavender is the basically unchanged Knuckles palette on the far right.

And yes! Which means the Olive skincolour is dead again, sorry.

That's okay, Olive only existed because the yellow tones in the game sucked. I can't imagine myself or anyone using that for literally anything, not even when just playing online.

No, Olive only existed because of me messing about, not some compensation for Yellow's awfulness or any similar theories. =V Either way, I'm not that bothered if it disappears.

The Shiny Colors Palette

Oh my gosh! I love the new 2.2 palette better than the current palette that was added back in 2.0. This new palette should be nicknamed the Shiny Colors Palette. 2.2 in my opinion is better than 2.1.

Thanks for the nice nickname, but I'm probably not going to call it the Shiny Colors palette. Its in-development name was the SRB2 Reduced Palette project because it reduces the number of indicies required for the main game by 42, allowing significant space for additional colour lines. If the community wants to run with either of those two names, it's fine by me.

Also don't blame MI! (that much.) I'm sure a lot of cruft has built up over the years in their names from version to version, although I'd have to specifically check which ones did what to peg primary blame.

choalover, I saw your wiki edit. I am officially revoking your right to call it that nickname.

Why don't we call it the Toaster Palette, since that would include the name of the user that made it?
(also, a line up of colors would be nice so we could see what changed~)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back